• Announcements

    • Songstuff

      New Chat App   06/02/2017

      We have a new chat app available. You will need to sign up for it. You can pick up the invite link at the top of your member hub page:   http://forums.songstuff.com/member/hub/   Remember to use your Songstuff registered email and user name when you sign up! Using the invite link will automatically add you to the Songstuff chat channel.
daryl1968

I'm Not the Bad Guy

42 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2017 at 2:37 PM, Chalter said:

Hi :)

All the instruments fitted really well together and the vocals are nice and catchy (maybe a bit too processed?)! I really liked it about 23 seconds in when that other instrument (keyboard?) came in.

One little thing that bothered me was 1 minute in just after "I'm not the bad guy" and everything stops. This was really nice but when it came back in there was a bass note before everything else. Just seemed a bit out of place to my ears.

 

Thanks for the listen and suggestions - I really appreciate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2017 at 9:08 PM, Simon Darveau said:

Sounds fabulous. Great vibes from the start. Nothing really to chew at ... the mix is great and so are the arrangements. This should be on the radio my friend ! 

 

Congrats !

 

Cheers

Wow. Thanks so much Simon. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great lyrics and and the chorus is catchy.  You also have a really good voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2017 at 9:22 PM, Mblack said:

Great lyrics and and the chorus is catchy.  You also have a really good voice.

 

Thanks a lot :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so great! SO catchy, so chill and yet I could dance to it, love it! Seems well produced, sung, written etc. Really live it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Daryl,

This is an interesting sound and arrangement and definitely appears to have great commercial appeal. A lot of people have discussed about the bridge here, so that's something you could look at. Apart from this, I feel that the chorus - which is the real game-changer in this song - can have more punch by sounding bigger, bolder and a little crazier. Another thought that's coming to me is that you could probably add a little pre-chorus which leads up to that big chorus moment... currently, the change-up between the verse and chorus is sounding a little too sudden.

 

Just my thoughts :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@daryl1968 This song made me freaking smile the whole time, and I'm not sure why [smiley=luxhello.gif]. The only that I would prefer would be is more vivid lyrics, because it doesn't really make me think past the catchy tune. I don't remember anything in my head while listening, or reading the lyrics, which I feel limits the times I can listen to the song. Though I did really enjoy listening to it, and it made me dance a bit, much to the horror of my college roommates. Thanks for sharing :)! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2017 at 4:21 PM, AlexVIII said:

This is so great! SO catchy, so chill and yet I could dance to it, love it! Seems well produced, sung, written etc. Really live it! 

Thanks a lot Alex 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2017 at 7:56 AM, Sreyashi Mukherjee said:

Hi Daryl,

This is an interesting sound and arrangement and definitely appears to have great commercial appeal. A lot of people have discussed about the bridge here, so that's something you could look at. Apart from this, I feel that the chorus - which is the real game-changer in this song - can have more punch by sounding bigger, bolder and a little crazier. Another thought that's coming to me is that you could probably add a little pre-chorus which leads up to that big chorus moment... currently, the change-up between the verse and chorus is sounding a little too sudden.

 

Just my thoughts :)

 

Thanks for the listen and comments Sreyashi. I appreciate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2017 at 8:55 PM, Juin said:

@daryl1968 This song made me freaking smile the whole time, and I'm not sure why [smiley=luxhello.gif]. The only that I would prefer would be is more vivid lyrics, because it doesn't really make me think past the catchy tune. I don't remember anything in my head while listening, or reading the lyrics, which I feel limits the times I can listen to the song. Though I did really enjoy listening to it, and it made me dance a bit, much to the horror of my college roommates. Thanks for sharing :)! 

 

Thanks Juin. Glad you enjoyed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great, as usual. :)  Fabulous production and you know how to make a song fun to listen to.  

 

Unrelated to the song, may I ask why you only offer one response a day even if there are several comments to get to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Oswlek said:

Great, as usual. :)  Fabulous production and you know how to make a song fun to listen to.  

 

Unrelated to the song, may I ask why you only offer one response a day even if there are several comments to get to?

 

Thanks Oswlek. 

 

On the other subject,  personal thanks and it bumps the post :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.