Leo

Wing It - New Single

7 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Here's a new single called 'Wing It' by 'Leo and the Dude'

https://m.soundcloud.com/leosherman/wing-it

Edited by Leo

oye this could be really cool.. reminds me of those old folk songs that are sometimes on the radio. you've got that bayou thing going on. but just way too much going on.. my ear couldnt cling onto one thing. which isnt necessarily a bad thing, it just made it difficult to get an overall feel of the song. if you are going for vocals resembling other instruments that you might not play, then i get it and completely support it. but if you can play other instruments, do that! and with the sound you have going.. sure a banjo would sound good. I also actually really like the melody starting with "We could have a cup of coffee," .. maybe you could shape some sort of chorus

good luck :)

1 person likes this

Hey Jen,

Thanks for your comments. I agree completely.

The song was recorded on a four track app through the mic of a samsung s4.

The only instruments are a classic guitar and my voice.

I would love to record a more produced version in the future.

Thanks

Edited by Leo

uh.... where is it?

1 hour ago, Rudi said:

uh.... where is it?

Fixed

Ah ok got it. It was a surprise. Lo tech, meandering and impressionistic.

It stands up absolutely fine, even though it sounds like a sketch. It sounds as if there are more than four of you in there too.

Is this typical of your stuff Leo? Or was this what you were going for on this one occasion? Some of the sound has lingered minutes after listening. At the time of listening I am tired and chilled out. Your song has make me feel a little drunk! It has make me feel I'm glad I listened though. You have almost invented your own media here. :) 

Hey rudi,

Thank for your comments.

It's not a typical sound for me, perhaps its the result of my cercomstences. My only available instruments are my guitar and vocals. So I use those to remember melodies when recording scratch demos.

I write mainly bluesy folky stuff, trying to find a distenctive sound. And working on being aible to record more professionaly. And get closer to a full production.

I am in the process of recording guitar and vox for a future album with a rythem section and arrengments. And writing new stuff all the time. Some, like this one, sounded interesting enough, to me, to put out as is.

I agree it's got a weird vibe about it. With the vocals coming from all direction. To do that I recorded them seperatly with out hearing the other back vox tracks. So, I wouldn't try to replica one when doing another.

There was no editing done on the piece, other then a few buildin fx in the 4track app i use (some delay, compression and reverb).

I'm happy the song made an impression on you.

Thanks for listening.