Your Ad Could Be Here

Rap / Hip Hop Contest

I am looking for some feedback from the members who are into composing Rap/Hip Hop lyrics and music.

I had an interesting conversation with another member as this seems to be a fairly recent addition to the forums and I was wondering what you are using when you compose your lyrics?

Do you create your beats, or are you rapping over another song?

Are you writing the lyrics, with nothing to guide the flow of the words and vocal?

Would it help if a member(s), were to assist you with this, by maybe creating a simple track with a beat so you could use it as a guide? This could be done with different tempos or beats, something more in line with the style of music you like (e.g. Your favourite rapper).

What are your thoughts?

• Like 3

First of all I think there are many different rappers and therefor many different ways to create songs.

I have different ways on how to start creating my lyrics and these ways are influenced by the kind of song I want to make and if I have a general idea for a song.

I will put these different options in a little list:

1) When I have an idea i can : - Start writing a song while listening to all kinds of beats to stay focused on writing

- Search a beat which matches the idea/mood of the idea

2) When I don't have an idea : - Mostly start listening to a mix of beats and when I find one which gets my attention I try to figure out what I feel listening and start writing.

- Sometimes start writing some rhyming lines and start forming a story with these few lines

I don't create any beats, mostly searching beats on youtube (The Jazz Hop Café, STEEZYASf*ck, ChilledCow and many more)

So normally I use something to guide me in flow, but it's not necessary.

If there are other people on here who are willing to create these beats for us I think it would certainly help us out!

Hope this helped a bit!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Richard Tracey said:

On 20 February 2017 at 11:42 PM, Richard Tracey said:

I am looking for some feedback from the members who are into composing Rap/Hip Hop lyrics and music.

I had an interesting conversation with another member as this seems to be a fairly recent addition to the forums and I was wondering what you are using when you compose your lyrics?

Do you create your beats, or are you rapping over another song?

Are you writing the lyrics, with nothing to guide the flow of the words and vocal?

Would it help if a member(s), were to assist you with this, by maybe creating a simple track with a beat so you could use it as a guide? This could be done with different tempos or beats, something more in line with the style of music you like (e.g. Your favourite rapper).

What are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, TheSylentType said:

First of all I think there are many different rappers and therefor many different ways to create songs.

I have different ways on how to start creating my lyrics and these ways are influenced by the kind of song I want to make and if I have a general idea for a song.

I will put these different options in a little list:

1) When I have an idea i can : - Start writing a song while listening to all kinds of beats to stay focused on writing

- Search a beat which matches the idea/mood of the idea

2) When I don't have an idea : - Mostly start listening to a mix of beats and when I find one which gets my attention I try to figure out what I feel listening and start writing.

- Sometimes start writing some rhyming lines and start forming a story with these few lines

I don't create any beats, mostly searching beats on youtube (The Jazz Hop Café, STEEZYASf*ck, ChilledCow and many more)

So normally I use something to guide me in flow, but it's not necessary.

If there are other people on here who are willing to create these beats for us I think it would certainly help us out!

Hope this helped a bit!

Ok... 

It's a challenge!... dark stuff... And it's a contest! May the best rapper win!** (if any at all can be arsed to try ;) )

I'll produce it up with the rap vocal and any sung vocal, and I'll adjust the arrangement to suit. Reply here or PM me if you want to try.

https://soundcloud.com/monostone-1/goat04-1/s-NTSbi

** If none work, no one wins.

Edited by MonoStone
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, TheSylentType said:

Great! What do you mean with dark stuf though? 

Just the music sounds dark to me... Dark mood. But it's whatever mood you want. 

• Like 1

If anyone wants to try a rap to my track... Just PM me and I'll send you the track to rap over.

I'm making this 'contest' thing up as I go along ;) I wasn't sure anyone would go for it. I suppose if more than one person does a rap we can post on here and let everyone comment or vote? Any ideas on how to organise it are welcome...

But ultimately if I'm gonna produce one, then I'll have to choose one, and me and the rapper will both have to be happy about it... If that happens then I'd need to get a decent vocal recording to mix it properly. Have to see whether that works out...if it does it'll become a collaboration. 

• Like 2
Just now, Peggy said:

Rules??  We don't care 'bout no stinkin rules $%$%#"=%$

... just call it bro

:)  

Totally Just kidding!!! Whatever you want..sounds like fun.

Peggy

;) I don't care about rules (other than it's my music so anyone has to ask me first) ...I won't necessarily agree with anyone else's opinions anyway ;) ...so IF it comes to mixing one, I'll be choosing! 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

;) I don't care about rules (other than it's my music so anyone has to ask me first) ...I won't necessarily agree with anyone else's opinions anyway ;) ...so IF it comes to mixing one, I'll be choosing! 

Sorry, bad humor. Loved everything you said. And always your decision. Really sorry if you thought anything else. Really really..reallly 

I'll delete so no other misunderstanding.

Edited by Peggy
  • Like 1
Just now, Peggy said:

Sorry, bad humor. Loved everything you said. And always your decision. Really sorry if you thought anything else. Really really..reallly 

LOL... Peggy... you're too nice. Nothing to be sorry for! I didn't take anything you said badly. Nothing at all! 

If I sound kind of stern, serious or a bit up myself...I'm just playin' the big boss. It's fun! ;) (only sayin 'ask me first' in case any noobs wander in here thinking it's some kind of free backing track giveaway ;) )

• Like 1

Count me in.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Richard Tracey said:

Okay, now this is good - this post seems to be getting a bit of traction... I like the idea of a Rap Contest - are we going to set timescales etc for anyone that wants to take part?

Yeah thanks for starting this thread Richard. I like it. I'm easy on times.

So far The Silent Type and Leo have PM'd me for the track. Could do with some more...

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO TRY THIS? PM ME FOR A DOWNLOAD LINK!

Maybe wait til we're sure all runners are in then set a date?

3 hours ago, Richard Tracey said:

Okay, now this is good - this post seems to be getting a bit of traction... I like the idea of a Rap Contest - are we going to set timescales etc for anyone that wants to take part?

Maybe need a new Rap Contest thread? Or you could edit this one's title to include that?