• Announcements

• Songstuff

New Chat App   06/02/2017

We have a new chat app available. You will need to sign up for it. You can pick up the invite link at the top of your member hub page:   http://forums.songstuff.com/member/hub/   Remember to use your Songstuff registered email and user name when you sign up! Using the invite link will automatically add you to the Songstuff chat channel.
brycebad

Testing out a new genre and would love feedback on this song!

8 posts in this topic

So this is a song I wrote that has a more "Future Bass" vibe to it but still is hopefully catchy. Would love to hear what you think!

Stars, we’re the stars in the sky above,

we make a constellation of love.

And no matter where we’re going, we’re glowing.

Our names up on the marquis, we live our life on a tv screen.

We’re just living like stars 

We’re living like stars.

Oh we’re just living like stars.

Stars, our songs are playing on the radio

There’s cameras flashing wherever we go.

Now that we’re here we’re gonna run this show,

Yeah we’re stars so we better glow.

Our names up on the marquis, we live our life on a tv screen.

We’re just living like stars 

We’re living like stars.

The universe is full of darkness, imagine if the world was starless. No way to see the beauty that surrounds us.

Everything’s gonna be alright cause the stars will bring the light.

We’re just living like stars.

We’re living like stars.

Stars, we dance, in the dark of the night

We laugh and we love and we doing alright

Edited by brycebad
1 person likes this

Very impressive song idea, Brycebad. A lot of cool production techniques happening in the track.

The vocals(harmony&melody) for the verse 1/pre-chorus/chorus is, SUPER, catchy! [smiley=noise.gif]  I'm not so sure about the 2nd verse melody, though...

The vocals are overpowering the track a little and it gives me the impression that it's sort of a rough demo you put together?

I think you're on the right track with this song but I also think you need to find more creative sounds for the arrangement. There's nothing new that "jumps out" at me in the production and the feeling I got from the first listen was, I've heard this before, which is not necessarily a bad thing but it would depend on what your goal is?

Again, beautiful chorus melody! Looking forward to hearing more of your work here on Songstuff.

Ken

PS - For someone who's new to this particular genre, you're pretty good at it. Nicely done!

Edited by ImKeN

would love to listen but the link isn't available..

8 hours ago, shadowfax said:

would love to listen but the link isn't available..

Man, site's been giving you issues, eh?  What browser are you using?  Anyway, I pulled a direct link for you.

More on topic:

You did a great job for a first attempt at a genre.  What do you normally do?

I would say that the bass needs to be turned up a bit on this track.  Was kind of lacking.  Also, considering the smooth production on the instrumentation, I think you need to do a little more work getting the vocals up to that same level.  Honestly, doing some heavy auto-tuning (not T-Pain levels or anything, though) might do this track justice and give the vocal that poppy sound this needs.

The background vocal on the word "stars" at 2:33 sounded kind of awful to me.  Something about the harmony you tried there just didn't work.

Badtastic!  The vocals were supreme on this.  This isn't my typical genre for listening, ancient like I am, but you kept my attention through the whole song and I would say the vocals and the variation throughout the song were what kept my interest.  Your voice does justice to the tracking here--really nice....This seems to be a young crowd audience song, good for dancing and grooving to, while at the same time has an element of an enjoyable listening experience for folks like me--I dance in my living room.  I don't go clubbing.  I have a 17 yr-old (Who won't be clubbing either) who I would venture to say, would love this track!

Beautiful atmosphere with a nice singing...

Like the way you sing the word "stars"...

Dreamy and catchy piece...

Wow, thanks for all the feedback everyone. I really appreciate all of it, both positive and constructive :)

Snappy EDM tune with solid vocals.

Could you edit your post at the top to include the lyrics?

Overall, it's good, and has some dynamics which a lot of EDM lacks. The kick drum could use more bottom.

Peace,

TC