Your Ad Could Be Here

Does this song make you feel something?

Since it said "shameless promotion", here it comes. :D The genre is somewhat orchestral and I really tried to capture a certain feeling to it. Just wanted to try something new and now was a good time for it. Any feedback is welcome! :) thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js0xLrJ_knE&app=desktop

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Utopia said:

Since it said "shameless promotion", here it comes. :D The genre is somewhat orchestral and I really tried to capture a certain feeling to it. Just wanted to try something new and now was a good time for it. Any feedback is welcome! :) thanks!

It is a BEAUTIFUL piece of music, Utopia! :clapping:"BRAVO!"

It has that Celtic/Irish(don't know which) vibe but also has a modern feel to it, it reminded me a little of 'Brave Heart.'

Every time I thought the melody was going to sound like something I've heard before, it didn't. It has that epic, anthemic, energy underlying it and I think it should be developed into an instrumental film score - I think it has the bones to become something great, like that!

All the best with it,

Ken

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ImKeN said:

It is a BEAUTIFUL piece of music, Utopia! :clapping:"BRAVO!"

It has that Celtic/Irish(don't know which) vibe but also has a modern feel to it, it reminded me a little of 'Brave Heart.'

Every time I thought the melody was going to sound like something I've heard before, it didn't. It has that epic, anthemic, energy underlying it and I think it should be developed into an instrumental film score - I think it has the bones to become something great, like that!

All the best with it,

Ken

Wow, thank you! :) I've had this melody lying around for a while and finally figured out how to use it. I'm very pleased to hear you liked it! Is there anything I could improve on?

Yeah, I was gonna say Celtic folk with some kind of compressed orchestra behind it. I read the title and was reminded of a song I wrote for my band called "Waiting", but it's more of a jokey Irish waltz thing. Ironically, my bandmate is writing a Celtic/orchestral track for our next album. Stop ripping us off! :P

In all seriousness, I think the only thing that could've been improved here was some of the production. Specifically, I would've put a bit more reverb on the melody (I think that's a violin?) instrument and then turned up the backing strings slightly. But as far as the most important thing for me, which is the composition itself, I think this is pretty great. The melody is fluid as ImKeN mentioned, the pauses are a nice reinforcement of the theme, and it was overall an enjoyable listen. Do you plan on putting this with an album, or is it just a one-off? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseKeepUpright said:

Yeah, I was gonna say Celtic folk with some kind of compressed orchestra behind it. I read the title and was reminded of a song I wrote for my band called "Waiting", but it's more of a jokey Irish waltz thing. Ironically, my bandmate is writing a Celtic/orchestral track for our next album. Stop ripping us off! :P

In all seriousness, I think the only thing that could've been improved here was some of the production. Specifically, I would've put a bit more reverb on the melody (I think that's a violin?) instrument and then turned up the backing strings slightly. But as far as the most important thing for me, which is the composition itself, I think this is pretty great. The melody is fluid as ImKeN mentioned, the pauses are a nice reinforcement of the theme, and it was overall an enjoyable listen. Do you plan on putting this with an album, or is it just a one-off? 

Thanks for the feedback! :) Really glad people like it! The volumes of different instruments are always tricky since the sound balances vary so much with different devices. And it's so far just a single song. Will see in the future, maybe I'll create more songs like this.

• Like 1

On 2017/2/27 at 5:49 PM, Utopia said:

Is there anything I could improve on?

My opinion is that you need someone with lots of experience to help with the mixing, someone who's familiar with orchestral music would be even better - you could search different songwriting forums for collaborations. Or, you could always look up youtube for tutorials and self-help videos. 

I personally think that this music is too damn good to be left to waste. Try listening to other theme music from TV shows like, 'Game of Thrones.' Don't you think your music could be used in a TV show like that? I think, YES!

All the best,

Ken

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ImKeN said:

My opinion is that you need someone with lots of experience to help with the mixing, someone who's familiar with orchestral music would be even better - you could search different songwriting forums for collaborations. Or, you could always look up youtube for tutorials and self-help videos. 

I personally think that this music is too damn good to be left to waste. Try listening to other theme music from TV shows like, 'Game of Thrones.' Don't you think your music could be used in a TV show like that? I think, YES!

All the best,

Ken

The broblem is I have practically no connections to anyone that's good with music. I just sit on my computer and make songs haha. I joined this site partly beacause of the connections too. Maybe someone needs a composer who knows. But I'm very honored to hear that and yes, I would kinda like to see how my songs would do among bigger crowds. 

A nice composition. Would make a great movie track.

Not to undermine Utopias fine work. Anyone with Kontakt and some orchestral samples could make music like this with a little  effort. These types of things are all over SC.

I don't hear a clear Celtic vibe in this, maybe elements of Celtic. This is probably closer to true Celtic music.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 1:34 AM, Utopia said:

Lovely! Very cinematic and a really nice moody tune. 

• Like 1