• Announcements

• Songstuff

New Chat App   06/02/2017

We have a new chat app available. You will need to sign up for it. You can pick up the invite link at the top of your member hub page:   http://forums.songstuff.com/member/hub/   Remember to use your Songstuff registered email and user name when you sign up! Using the invite link will automatically add you to the Songstuff chat channel.
RikGrimesIsDead

too much change....?

56 posts in this topic

i don't like it,sorry it changes one minute then the next its another change,now mixed genres in one group??? surely this is just like the usual anything goes group??

think i shall take a step back from this site for a while,hopefully come back to a better songstuff :( 

4 minutes ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

i don't like it,sorry it changes one minute then the next its another change,now mixed genres in one group??? surely this is just like the usual anything goes group??

think i shall take a step back from this site for a while,hopefully come back to a better songstuff :( 

Hang in there with us!!  This is the best place..see us sorting this out as a community? 

the community??? the community has to work together,too many selfish individuals on here,least known/used genre's just get thrown around to the back of the line......

26 minutes ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

the community??? the community has to work together,too many selfish individuals on here,least known/used genre's just get thrown around to the back of the line......

Say how you'd like it to be. 

I'd like to have all music together on one critique board, just like it used to be. Music is music. A lot of it can't be pigeon-holed anyway. 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, MonoStone said:

I'd like to have all music together on one critique board, just like it used to be. Music is music. A lot of it can't be pigeon-holed anyway. 

totally agree with mono..all music on the same page..yeah!!!

2 hours ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

Wasn't trying to seem like "eyes glazed over".

I've been here awhile and there are ups and downs. .. I always try and get something from it.  A New idea lyric, site suggestion,  self-examine, determination..

we've come along way with the rap, hiphop excitment and support here.  .. You've been right there.

Everything perfect..no..but "just part of a struggle"  .....for each of us to decide.

I like the "building" and how it teaches and inspires me .. 

I understand, though, it's not for everyone. 

:)

Peggy

C'mon 

MUCHLOVE

Edited by Peggy

Rik - I think that is very unfair, there have been a few on here trying our best to get the Rap/Hip Hop members involved as much as possible and even created a section specifically for that genre. There has probably more effort been put towards that genre, than anywhere else on the site. So please explain who these selfish individuals are?

One of our members has offered a track and to produce it as part of a contest - I've not seen that happen anywhere else yet, even though I've tried.

1 hour ago, MonoStone said:

Dek, then we will end up with posts falling off onto other pages and getting lost unless someone searches for it, or the member has to update to bump it. Not everyone follows a member on here, so doesn't know when they post something new. Not everyone uses all the options of the site to get the best out of it.

5 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

Rik - I think that is very unfair, there have been a few on here trying our best to get the Rap/Hip Hop members involved as much as possible and even created a section specifically for that genre. There has probably more effort been put towards that genre, than anywhere else on the site. So please explain who these selfish individuals are?

One of our members has offered a track and to produce it as part of a contest - I've not seen that happen anywhere else yet, even though I've tried.

hi @Richard Tracey,

im sorry you feel my opinion was unfair but i feel it is fully justified.i shall not name drop anyone as it is nobody in particular.you say you opened up a part for hip hop.....wasn't it just a lyric group,nothing else?

last month i was the one who asked for the chance to open the rap battle segment of this genre,to include voting by members on their fave rap and the winner gets his pride intact..... :) so the members trying to get this going was me.

to say effort has been put towards this is quite offensive to the rappers on here,who can only post in their specified group,i myself have posted my rap lyrics on say lyric critique and did not get one response?? is this because it said (warning)??

if i have come across as arrogant or a complete prick that is not my aim at all and apologise to you all for the hard work,it was just my opinion on a lot of changes and no real warning of change

21 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

https://www.rappad.co/dashboard

specifically designed for lyrics,recording,battles,forums,blogs,collabs,freestyles, anything regarding rap is there......... 

this site is why i idea'd it to songstuff via direct message last month.....

So let me get this right:

We changed the boards which involved moving the board you use, and merging in a board (hip hop music) with3 topics on it.

You weren't happy and thought the board had been removed though it hadn't. I replied as much to your earlier topic.

Due to comments from you and others we went back to the rough set up from before, with the exception that lyrics had been merged with song and recording counterparts. The hip hop board is still there, the only dedicated genre board (as it was before we started)

So I am puzzled, exactly what genres being treated badly? How so? More specifically you asked for a dedicated area for hip hop and rap. It was created. It still exists. You aren't complaining that it was moved... do you think it was deleted?

I have communicated elsewhere with John (thanks for listening!). Maybe one thing to consider, if space is at a premium, then consider condensing pinned posts somehow. There are currently seven due to the merger. I just want a board for music. Everything else, for my purposes, is superfluous.

Edit: we cross-posted.

Edited by Steve Mueske

What's this?

http://forums.songstuff.com/forum/185-rap-and-hip-hop/

oh, a rap and hip hop board.

do you think that other community has never rearranged their boards?

sheesh

1 minute ago, john said:

So let me get this right:

We changed the boards which involved moving the board you use, and merging in a board (hip hop music) with3 topics on it.

You weren't happy and thought the board had been removed though it hadn't. I replied as much to your earlier topic.

Due to comments from you and others we went back to the rough set up from before, with the exception that lyrics had been merged with song and recording counterparts. The hip hop board is still there, the only dedicated genre board (as it was before we started)

So I am puzzled, exactly what genres being treated badly? How so? More specifically you asked for a dedicated area for hip hop and rap. It was created. It still exists. You aren't complaining that it was moved... do you think it was deleted?

no @john i will put you straight,i thought the hip hop part was removed and commented has it gone?was told it was still there just moved,after being moved before,then added a recording segment to it,then put in own genre box then changed back.....as i say is it too much change....to me yes

sorry

look at the hits on this post too..... HOT!!

shame we don't get this from feedback on songs,lyrics,melodies etc

4 minutes ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

look at the hits on this post too..... HOT!!

shame we don't get this from feedback on songs,lyrics,melodies etc

Maybe if the songs were as interesting or good …

Just now, Just1L said:

Maybe if the songs were as interesting or good …

*takes down a note: "write song called Too Much Change"*

3 people like this

Rik - I think the problem is, a board was created specifically for Rap/Hip Hop, which had to be moved because the Battle part was added. This was all done before the new changes were implemented and I don't think John had counted on adding anything else prior to the big change, which he has obviously been working on and other things with the site.

So it may appear that it has been moved several times, but it was added then moved to be in line with everything else.

hahaha cheers for proving my point.....if you actually read the lyrics you would see,go play your donkey kong little boy

Just now, cutaia said:

Yep :)  good call

1 minute ago, cutaia said:

haha good one....... :/

Yeah, I agree that certain posts or topics get more hits than others,  it this is something that John and the other Mods are trying to work on, which was one of the reasons for the change to the critique forum, get everyone integrating.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

hahaha cheers for proving my point.....if you actually read the lyrics you would see,go play your donkey kong little boy

Yeah, you're welcome. I do find it interesting you just had to have that rap battle page, yet almost a month after it was created, you haven't posted on it. Chicken? Just not good enough? Or just like to complain about things?

1 person likes this

it's cool i'm bored of the 47 yr old men resorting to childish behaviour about somebody's lyrics....lyrics that mean a lot,they may not be your cup of tea but thats my life!!

now go be a dad or husband or grandpa just dont be a child and think

1 minute ago, Just1L said:

Yeah, you're welcome. I do find it interesting you just had to have that rap battle page, yet almost a month after it was created, you haven't posted on it. Chicken? Just not good enough? Or just like to complain about things?

haha is it funny that i have only just heard about this from yourself??? i was not sent a message,i did not receive a notification of it being there???

and trust me..... i would of posted if i had known.

again proves another point that it just got thrown around anywhere :) 

4 minutes ago, Just1L said:

honestly grow up man it's embarrassing 

1 minute ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

haha is it funny that i have only just heard about this from yourself??? i was not sent a message,i did not receive a notification of it being there???

and trust me..... i would of posted if i had known.

again proves another point that it just got thrown around anywhere :) 

Interesting. It took me about a minute. Concerning your other post, I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings and I really wasn't commenting on your lyrics whatsoever.

Just now, Just1L said:

Interesting. It took me about a minute. Concerning your other post, I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings and I really wasn't commenting on your lyrics whatsoever.

oh you clearly was...... 

1 minute ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

honestly grow up man it's embarrassing 

Don't feel embarrassed. You too can grow up one day. :)