RikGrimesIsDead

too much change....?

56 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

no @john i will put you straight,i thought the hip hop part was removed and commented has it gone?was told it was still there just moved,after being moved before,then added a recording segment to it,then put in own genre box then changed back.....as i say is it too much change....to me yes

sorry

Put me straight? You see extra moves that didn't happen (2) and a removal that didn't happen. There already was a hip hop music board in the same area, it just got merged with the lyrics board to give a single board. 

It's a pity you feel that way, but If you are not happy here I am not going to persuade you to stay. I know you have been treated well. If you do not see that, I feel no need to explain it further.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, john said:

Put me straight? You see extra moves that didn't happen (2) and a removal that didn't happen. There already was a hip hop music board in the same area, it just got merged with the lyrics board to give a single board. 

It's a pity you feel that way, but If you are not happy here I am not going to persuade you to stay. I know you have been treated well. If you do not see that, I feel no need to explain it further.

great support thanks pal :) 

2 minutes ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

great support thanks pal :) 

Yadda. Nice to see such gratitude.

Just now, john said:

Yadda. Nice to see such gratitude.

i meant from your last post actually.....very sarcastic john :/ not good

"hey just go if you want i aint bothered".....great attitude to have

Rik - I must ask that you at least be civil and stop having a go at other members. Some of those 47 year olds you are talking about have been there and done it at certain points of their lives. Some of them have more musical knowledge than you and I could ever hope to have and some of them are more than willing for the rap guys to be a part of the community. As John mentioned, the lyrics and music were merged into one area for Rap/Hip Hop. You have mentioned about contacting the mods for an area in the past. When the rap guys like yourself appeared on the forums, I spoke to John about trying to do something to integrate, before you sent that post. So even back then it was something that was being discussed.

Some members have been on these boards for many years and they have experienced a lot in that time, but maybe Rap isn't for them, so they don't comment or post. I like some Dre and Eminem, but I'm not into hard Rap and stopped listening to Kanye once his ego took over. The problem with rap lyrics can be down to needing the beat, the rhythm, to feel them, to understand the flow or it can just look like a stream of words written down on the page. That is why I posted about members assisting by creating a beat, or backing track. I had no interest in that post till I tagged 3 of you into it, then MonoStone offered a track for you to have a contest. I would say that is the community taking an interest.

I didn't say I wasn't bothered. What happened was explained several times by more than one person. I saw no point simply repeating what had been said and wasting either of our time. You feel a particular way. You didn't find the explanation acceptable.

Your comment thanking me for my support seems sarcastic. Indeed, the fact you take me to task about the second part of my post only strengthens that was your attitude.

I have spent the day trying to take member's perspectives into account, tried to respond to concerns, including yours. I simply don't have energy or inclination to keep trying to persuade you. That is very different from "not bothered".

10 minutes ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

i meant from your last post actually.....very sarcastic john :/ not good

"hey just go if you want i aint bothered".....great attitude to have

Rik - I'll back John up with this one, some of your comments haven't been very nice and you have to understand that John does the majority of the work on this site. There are mods to help out, but it is mostly John who does everything else. It can feel like a slap in the face when you put so much in and try and improve the site for everyone, to have it feel like you are being attacked by members over a change... that's all it was, a change, the core of the site is still there, the members and community are still there, the site is still there.

If you feel that the Rap section isn't getting much love, please feel free to make suggestions, but don't rub people up the wrong way. Another thing you could do to make that part of the site more popular, is put it out there tomthe rap community, see if they want to join and make that area grow. Sometimes we need to give and not just take, that is what I offered to help John out. I don't get paid for this, I do it in my own time, something I don't have a lot of, but I want to help make this community as good as it can be and grow where possible.

If you have any suggestions of what you and the other rap members want, then you can PM me and I can see what can be done. 

rub people up the wrong way??

i simply asked a question??

if that/this is what you reieve for simply that then i shall not post again,members will be happy to know :) 

3 hours ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

the community??? the community has to work together,too many selfish individuals on here,least known/used genre's just get thrown around to the back of the line......

You must be part of the new Kayne-inspired rap genre: Whiny Little Bitch Rap.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Richard Tracey said:

Dek, then we will end up with posts falling off onto other pages and getting lost unless someone searches for it, or the member has to update to bump it. Not everyone follows a member on here, so doesn't know when they post something new. Not everyone uses all the options of the site to get the best out of it.

Really? Are there that many new songs being posted? I'm talking about recorded songs ... Music as I said...not lyrics. Lyrics should be separate or else of course we'll be falling off. 

If the forum reaches the point where the number of new recordings weekly is massive then some separation may be needed.

If it was my call... I'd stay the old way with song critique meaning recordings and open to any genre... And lyrics separate.

My desire to include everyone is because I think it's good to get opinions from a wider pool. I want to know what people who usually just do hip hop or edm or whatever think of my songs... And i want to hear theirs... And I want that melting pot to find a way into what I do...

But again. My opinion isn't so strong. Certainly not enough to get into the bust up going on here ;)

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, HoboSage said:

You must be part of the new Kayne-inspired rap genre: Whiny Little Bitch Rap.

i inspired Kanye..... ;) 

sticks and stones

I am going to apologise in advance for this....

what's with all this hate

maybe you need to masturbate

take some time to chill

you could take the red or the blue pill

you're not living in the matrix

so please remove that stick

from out of your behind

before you lose your mind

come back to reality

lets end this fallacy

;)

1 person likes this

seriously??? moved to complaints and bugs for asking a question??

guys come on....... this is just tedious behaviour now 

good way of treating your members btw 

peace out guys and girls,especially the ones who gave me the feedback on my lyrics etc,greatly appreciated i wish you well in the future....

all the best

It isn't a lyric or song, it belongs somewhere we talk about the boards structure etc. Not on the song board itself. Still I thought you might find it to be personal.

1 person likes this

Just now, RikGrimesIsDead said:

seriously??? moved to complaints and bugs for asking a question??

guys come on....... this is just tedious behaviour now 

good way of treating your members btw 

peace out guys and girls,especially the ones who gave me the feedback on my lyrics etc,greatly appreciated i wish you well in the future....

all the best

What a stupid ****ing reaction.  The complaints and bugs forum is literally where this thread belongs.  They just moved it to the right place.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, cutaia said:

What a stupid ****ing reaction.  The complaints and bugs forum is literally where this thread belongs.  They just moved it to the right place.

how is it? it isnt a complaint or a bug? 

8 minutes ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

Now I think you are just trolling. You may have started with a question, but your posts are littered with complaints. Your first sentence in the first post is "I don't like it". That's a complaint.

It may or may not have started as bating but the pattern is pretty obvious bating reading back over your posts.

You made your point. 

9 minutes ago, RikGrimesIsDead said:

You can't be ****ing serious with this, dude.  Are you honestly taking this as some personal jab, as if it's labeling you as a "complainer?"

First off, this thread IS VERY MUCH a complaint.  The very first ****ing words in the thread are literally, "i dont like it."  How does that not qualify as a complaint?  By the way...there's nothing wrong with complaints.  Complaints are often legitimate, like, say, "Hey, there's too much human feces in this soup I ordered."

But ok, fine...you automatically think there's something negative about the word "complaint" because you're being over-sensitive.  That's ok, I guess, but even if you honestly don't believe your thread qualifies as a complaint...so ****ing what?

"Compaints and Bugs" is just a forum title.  It doesn't need to be all-inclusive.  It just needs to give you the goddamned gist of the forum's purpose.  And to anyone actually using their head, it serves that purpose beautifully.  But if you're incapable of seeing that, how about you just check the sticky thread at the top of this forum that goes into greater detail for you.  It says in there:

"This board is here to let you bring out issues with the boards and site to allow us to fix them."

You ARE bringing out an issue with the boards ("too much change") that you'd like them to fix, are you not?

So, yeah...your reaction to this being moved to the perfect forum is asinine, ridiculous, and whiny as all hell.

2 hours ago, cutaia said:

*takes down a note: "write song called Too Much Change"*

I really thought this would make a good song title too. I recorded a little demo for my chorus idea. I would have put it up on Soundcloud, but they're having issues today.

http://www.muppetlabs.com/~mikeh/TooMuchChange.mp3

3 people like this

10 minutes ago, chumpy said:

I really thought this would make a good song title too. I recorded a little demo for my chorus idea. I would have put it up on Soundcloud, but they're having issues today.

http://www.muppetlabs.com/~mikeh/TooMuchChange.mp3

:)  nice way to move ahead!  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"And the watershed turns to bloodshed in the blink of an eye"

a quote from from one of my favorite songs.  It's so easy to get the wrong impression from something someone has said on these internet boards.  I see Rick has liked my post, but he doesn't know why I posted it, I didn't explain my intention.  

All it it took was a little disruption of the boards as a catalyst and then one statement, not mine but someone's, was the trigger that set off the shooting.  

The watershed (Songstuff) turns to bloodshed (arguing) in the blink of an eye.  

I can deal with all the changes, but without the pit I am forced to throttle down my usual way of coping by bitching.  I think it might be interesting to see how many little arguments come about.  It may be a good tool to gauge the amount of agitation and perhaps the need to revert back and try plan two.  Other gauges would be posts, site visits, and members overall tone.

Im thinking Rick doesn't like change,  he got a bit lost, took some things personally and said some things before thinking them through.  

Yeaterday was was a tough day, a lot of people felt things were strangely out of place.  

Edited by McnaughtonPark
3 people like this

Thanks Tom. I'd like to move your post to the "What does it mean to succeed" thread. :) You made my day brother.

1 person likes this

Admit it MP, you are CIA Psy Ops

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, john said:

Admit it MP, you are CIA Psy Ops

Lol, my cover is blown. 

Wow,whole thread was a waste of 10 minutes of my morning.

Let him go ! To negative.

Know of lyrics post by him . never commented for fact rap isn't my cup of tea. If don't like the changes leave . simple but the name calling and bitching is for the birds.

As I see it everything's been done to make as many happy as possible. Not good enough? Move on mate!