Your Ad Could Be Here

Honest Critique (not the finished product)

It's sick! Your flow goes easy on the beat and your production is definitely creative. Punchlines are on point and they make sense, perfect night song to vibe to. I'm always looking out for cons to point out, but I really don't have much this time. Definitely work on your vocabulary add more multisyllable rhyme schemes and have more fun with it man, try to get more orthodox with your style. Tbh I got kind of bored for a minute, but your third verse caught my attention again. 

I'm sure you heard of this dude, but if you haven't he's definitely talented with free styling. He might come in with writtens, but can easily re-catch momentum and keep the flow going. He plays with words while he's in the pocket and is just creative. Nothing basic just goes at it consistently..

Here's some advice from him 

I think you'll also appreciate this artist

Good luck man! Keep your head up and get to grindin don't quit.

• Like 1

• Noob

Thanks for the detailed response and the video links bro! I do have a monotone voice so I definitely need to work on that and expanding my vocabulary wouldn't hurt at all.

• Like 1

To improve this you should focus on your performance. Whatever words you use, you should deliver them with feeling... If you sound like you care then the listener will care, but if you sound bored then the listener will get bored. OR if you want to sound stoned and laid back, then sound stoned and laid back rather than bored. Especially when it's slow like this... the feeling you put across with your voice will make all the difference.

Aside from that, the mix was inconsistent...sometimes the vocal was mixed way too loud (on the edge of distortion) and then suddenly it changed... Find the sweet spot where you voice is mixed into the track but cuts through clearly. To do that you might need to use a lot of eq tweaking... play with the eq so that your voice cuts but also doesn't hide other parts of the music... if you just twiddle around with the eq you'll get it, just use another artist you like as reference for how you want it to sound... listen to how much bottom, mid, top is in their voice and try to emulate with the eq.

Hope that helps.

Your Ad Could Be Here

• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $1,040.00

Important Information

By continuing to use our site you indicate acceptance of our Terms Of Service: Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy: Privacy Policy, our Community Guidelines: Guidelines and our use of Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.