Your Ad Could Be Here

New Contest 07/03/2017

Okay, here is an idea I threw together this morning. If you want to use this as the basis for another contest, then please comment below and we can start it later this week (give Dek a chance to get his finalised). If there is anything needing adjusted or changed, just let me know and we can get the track fixed before the contest starts. Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/moodman-1/breathless-07032017-1115/s-4Y4I2

53 minutes ago, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

seems to fast to be a hip hop beat. its got more of a grime tempo to it . any download links?

'How fast do you want it - it's only 70bpm, which I thought would have been about the correct tempo, going by other tracks. I was rapping over it yesterday and yes, you need to do a fairly fast rap, but not speedy or anything like that.

I'll put it up for download on Friday when I know if anyone else is wanting to have a go. If not, you can get the track to do something on it if you want.

1 minute ago, Richard Tracey said:

'How fast do you want it - it's only 70bpm, which I thought would have been about the correct tempo, going by other tracks. I was rapping over it yesterday and yes, you need to do a fairly fast rap, but not speedy or anything like that.

I'll put it up for download on Friday when I know if anyone else is wanting to have a go. If not, you can get the track to do something on it if you want.

90 bpm to 110 is good for me

9 minutes ago, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

grime is 140 bpm which is double of the speed of your beat, so thats probably why it fits my lyrics written at 140, rather then fitting to lyrics written at 90-110 bpm

Okay. I don't really know Grime (I'll look at some stuff on YouTube), but if I make my track 90bpm, that will work for you? It won't be too fast?

1 minute ago, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

Okay, that's similar to the sound I've been doing when I am trying to do trap/rap - I take it you would prefer the beat at half the bpm of the actual track then?

1 minute ago, Richard Tracey said:

Okay, that's similar to the sound I've been doing when I am trying to do trap/rap - I take it you would prefer the beat at half the bpm of the actual track then?

can i hear what it sounds like slowed down?

Okay, I sped it up to 90bpm, which would be 180 if you are rapping at twice the speed!!! I tried it at 45bpm and the beat just sounded really distorted and terrible. I would have to re-do all the instruments again at 90bpm to make it even slightly fit, but the beat was terrible.

13 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

Okay, I sped it up to 90bpm, which would be 180 if you are rapping at twice the speed!!! I tried it at 45bpm and the beat just sounded really distorted and terrible. I would have to re-do all the instruments again at 90bpm to make it even slightly fit, but the beat was terrible.

yeah its best to keep it at the original tempo i think lol

1 minute ago, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

yeah its best to keep it at the original tempo i think lol

I agree. It was written for that tempo - need to change up the whole track.

what kind of beats are you into?

i can have a listen and try and come up with some music if you want?

22 hours ago, ALOPRODUCTIONZ said:

i like  50 cent or schoolboy q style beats

Okay - I had a listen to both (hadn't heard any 'fiddy' for a while) and not really feeling the Schoolboy Q stuff. There is something almost disconcerting about his style of music and lyrics, some people may like that, but it sounded a bit of a mess to me. 50 cent on the other hand, sounds a lot more polished and similar to the style he had back when he came out. They are almost Dre type beats, with not a lot going on, quite sparse arrangements and productions, where the rap and lyrics are at the forefront. I take it that is what you are looking for?

23 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

Okay - I had a listen to both (hadn't heard any 'fiddy' for a while) and not really feeling the Schoolboy Q stuff. There is something almost disconcerting about his style of music and lyrics, some people may like that, but it sounded a bit of a mess to me. 50 cent on the other hand, sounds a lot more polished and similar to the style he had back when he came out. They are almost Dre type beats, with not a lot going on, quite sparse arrangements and productions, where the rap and lyrics are at the forefront. I take it that is what you are looking for?

you smashed it with the last beat, reminds me of this song. 

Archived