• Announcements

• Songstuff

New Chat App   06/02/2017

We have a new chat app available. You will need to sign up for it. You can pick up the invite link at the top of your member hub page:   http://forums.songstuff.com/member/hub/   Remember to use your Songstuff registered email and user name when you sign up! Using the invite link will automatically add you to the Songstuff chat channel.
Jenn

First time sampling

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I found this tornado siren that was uber eerie and I just had to give it a shot at sampling.. it's something I've always wanted to try..

Idk why it's easy for me to make hip-hop sort of things.. but here it is:

I would eventually like to get one of my friends to rap over it or something

Ok so for right now, I have a solid draft of the whole beat.. but i know that the end kind of gets boring.. any ideas of what I could do?

https://soundcloud.com/jennifer8169456/take-cover

Thanks so much

Edited by Jenn

I'll be interested to hear this with the rap. Not sure why, but my mind goes in a different direction when I hear it. Pretty interesting and cool.

16 minutes ago, Just1L said:

I'll be interested to hear this with the rap. Not sure why, but my mind goes in a different direction when I hear it. Pretty interesting and cool.

thank you :) definitely not the kind of music I want to make but I think the sample matches a rap-type song.. so it's what came out

I'm not sure it'll ever become something more but thank you so much for listening

Jenn - this was really interesting and I heard it more with a proper sung vocal, more than a rap. It kind of had a strange John Lennon kind of weirdness to it (I don't know if anyone will get what I mean by that - but it's kind of where my head went when I first started listening). It will be nice to hear the full track once you complete it.

9 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

Jenn - this was really interesting and I heard it more with a proper sung vocal, more than a rap. It kind of had a strange John Lennon kind of weirdness to it (I don't know if anyone will get what I mean by that - but it's kind of where my head went when I first started listening). It will be nice to hear the full track once you complete it.

no i'm not quite sure what you mean by that.. but john lennon is amazing so i can only take it as a compliment :p.

and hmm.. i had originally wanted to make it a track to sing over.. so maybe i'll try. 

thank you :)!

I think the siren sound is cool, but, FWIW, I think you should only use it in doses - like bringing it in as a signature sound for the chorus arrangement (whatever that ends up being) - a chorus that could also open the song with that signature sound.  Having it constantly going throughout got pretty annoying to me pretty quickly. :)  Just my opinion.

43 minutes ago, HoboSage said:

I think the siren sound is cool, but, FWIW, I think you should only use it in doses - like bringing it in as a signature sound for the chorus arrangement (whatever that ends up being) - a chorus that could also open the song with that signature sound.  Having it constantly going throughout got pretty annoying to me pretty quickly. :)  Just my opinion.

yeah i agree with this.. gonna see what i can do :) someone wants to use it on their EP so I should be making a full track.. Thank you!!

Very cool track.