• Announcements

• Songstuff

New Chat App   06/02/2017

We have a new chat app available. You will need to sign up for it. You can pick up the invite link at the top of your member hub page:   http://forums.songstuff.com/member/hub/   Remember to use your Songstuff registered email and user name when you sign up! Using the invite link will automatically add you to the Songstuff chat channel.
Klingsor

Klingsor - Introduction

7 posts in this topic

Hi there,

my name is Dustin, I grew up in a hillbilly town next to Cologne, Germany, and started venturing into the world of music at the age of eleven when I got my first piano lessons. Right from the start I wanted to play some stuff from my favourite movies and after a while a tried to compose my own modest little tunes. Apart from that, me and my brother always loved to fool around with a camcorder making clips and flicks of all sorts. I found the most enjoyable part of the process was the post production: cutting and especially putting music to the picture. After a while I became curious to apply self-made music and started some experimentation.

However, I never really considered a career in the film industry or something alike since besides music I have another huge interest in science, particularly life science. This resulted in the choice to study biology and chemistry as well as music (with an emphasis on piano performance and music pedagogy) as a combinatorial degree. As a compromise, with the intention of combining my rather bizarre mix of interests, I am aspiring to become a high school teacher. 
Despite the fact that I'm not aiming to write music for a living, I invest a large part of my time to compose, using a digital sequencer plus some software synthesizers and a notation program. For piano recordings I take an analogue approach.

Three years ago I scored my first short film, which I absolutely enjoyed. Now I am looking forward to get more experienced with new projects. Just send me an email if you are interested in my style and need some music for the game/film project you are planning or (even better) have already finished.

I would absolutely enjoy helping you guys out! If you want to check out my stuff: 

Best regards

Dustin

1 person likes this

Hi Dustin,

Welcome to Songstuff. Nice introduction and tracks.  Biology and music..yep! :)

All the best,

Peggy

Thanks, you're very welcome :)

Good to have you with us, Dustin! Wow, those are some really good compositions you made. I hope to hear more of your latest work, here on Songstuff.

Ken

Posted (edited)

You must have msissed this:

Read Before Posting

Strictly NO MUSIC LINKS, OR LYRICS. The "Introduce Yourself" board IS ABOUT YOU. Don't worry... you can let us here works in progress on the critique boards, and finished work in the Musician's Lounge and the Showcase Board.

:)

P.S.  John:  "you can let us here hear . . .." :)

Edited by HoboSage

Welcome to Songstuff! Good to have you aboard.

As mentioned I will have to remove your link, but there are other places you can post it, including your member profile page.

PS David, no here, here y'hear? Weirdly ok in board description but incorrect in board rules. Tidied up now :)

Hi

Welcome to Songstuff.

I hope you find this a friendly place to be   :)

Janeva