• Announcements

• Songstuff

New Chat App   06/02/2017

We have a new chat app available. You will need to sign up for it. You can pick up the invite link at the top of your member hub page:   http://forums.songstuff.com/member/hub/   Remember to use your Songstuff registered email and user name when you sign up! Using the invite link will automatically add you to the Songstuff chat channel.
johnfinizio

I need you...I want to

7 posts in this topic

https://youtu.be/Nm7aMaustTg

I wrote this song and recorded it at home. Charlie Shutter played the drums while I played guitar and sang. I added another guitar,Bass and strings after.

A friend of mine liked the song and made this video.

1 person likes this

Could you post lyrics?  It would be very helpful to all to offer any opinions.

I wrote this song and recorded it at home. Charlie Shutter played the drums while I played guitar and sang. I added another guitar,Bass and strings after. Please have a listen and if you do....comment please.

I need you I want to 2 28 2017.Mp3

Hello
I liked the song. Nice little tune. The mix on the other hand has some issues. The vocals are kind of in and out of the mix. Not sure if you are singing closer to the mic in some parts, or if you have done something vith the volume in the mix.
I also believe that this kind of song would do better With a clean bassguitar. Sound like it is some kind of distortion effect on the bassguitar in this recording.
Other than that, as I said, a really Nice song.

I like the arrangement in this song.  Aside from possibly needing some better sounding synth violins, I thought the way the violins came in later, the interesting drum part, and guitar parts were a nice match for the melody and feel.  I would say the mix with the guitars could be more solid though ;)

For the song itself, I like the words after "what have you done to me...etc.". However, the line "I want to" is cool, but has a disconnect that is unsatisfied in the song-- maybe you could add a line about that? What does he want?   It does have a certain amount of mistery though which is cool.  Just food for thought :)  

The vocals are fantastic! I wish the instrumentation popped a little more. Maybe add some more guitar parts to help the music reflect the passion in your voice.

Very nice song, road trip music. :)

John - if you want more people to listen and comment, I would advise posting to SoundCloud and linking it here, as not many members will download a file to listen to. Just to make you aware.