ImKeN

Know Songtradr?

ImKeN    272

Hi guys,

I just came across a company online called Songtradr(https://www.songtradr.com). They're kind of like an A&R company. Is anyone familiar with their services?

I'm considering signing up in the near future but I just wanted to ask around first for more first hand information. Forgive me for spamming!

Thanks.

Edited by ImKeN

HoboSage    1,992

I have no first-hand experience with them, but I've read their legal stuff, and I wouldn't describe them as an A&R company.  They're a music rights broker, putting indie artists together with music rights purchasers, and acting as the middle man to consummate those legally-binding transactions - transactions for mechanical licensing, and for the assignment of publishing copyrights and master sound recording rights.   That's how I see it, anyway.  It seems to be a valuable service in the industry.  But, you should have a good understanding of what you're getting into legally by uploading your stuff to them before you do.  

Edited by HoboSage
  • Like 1

ImKeN    272
On 2017/3/21 at 1:17 AM, HoboSage said:

I have no first-hand experience with them, but I've read their legal stuff, and I wouldn't describe them as an A&R company.  They're a music rights broker, putting indie artists together with music rights purchasers, and acting as the middle man to consummate those legally-binding transactions - transactions for mechanical licensing, and for the assignment of publishing copyrights and master sound recording rights.   That's how I see it, anyway.  It seems to be a valuable service in the industry.  But, you should have a good understanding of what you're getting into legally by uploading your stuff to them before you do.  

Thanks, David! I will check out the legal stuff.

I did check out some of the talent that's already with Songtradr, they sound REALLY good at what they do. It made me wanna work even harder at the little things that I do! lol

Thanks again for the advice, bro!

Ken