Your Ad Could Be Here

How Do You Listen To Music?

My Yaris has a top speed of 17 mph and travels 900 miles per gallon.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Rudi said:

I usually have a nice queue of Chevys & Porches following me.

48 minutes ago, Rudi said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is the Yaris a brand of wheelchair?

13 minutes ago, Just1L said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is the Yaris a brand of wheelchair?

It can be used as a disabled mobility vehicle if you qualify. All female are eligible. Males need to go for a DACQ test first (Dick Assessment Critereon Qualifier). If underweight they are politely redirected to the Supercar salesroom.

Sreyashi, If I were looking for headphones on a budget I would look at reviews like this one.

https://www.cnet.com/topics/headphones/best-headphones/cheap/

One thing I find annoying personally is they seldom give you the specs. Someone liked the ergonomics and the sound and rated them based on that.  There are probably lists like this all over the web. I might search " highest rated". The issue also exists that maybe the author is a payed shill.I would watch for that.

I searched "best budget headphones". Had I searched " Best headphones" the price immediately goes up since price is no longer the issue here. A person can easily spend 300.00 on decent IEM's ( in ear monitors ).These are probably the best.  if you commute and you don't want anything that you aren't comfortable being expendable I would look at the best budget models. Some good headphones are made by Audio Technica, Bose and KRK .

I don't know how things are in India. Here in the US there are lots of name brand knock offs. Copies of the real thing. I suspect it's probably just as bad in India. Buying directly from a trusted source can help to guarantee purchases will be genuine.

1 hour ago, Rudi said:

It can be used as a disabled mobility vehicle if you qualify. All female are eligible. Males need to go for a DACQ test first (Dick Assessment Critereon Qualifier). If underweight they are politely redirected to the Supercar salesroom.

I thought this was the other way around the SDC ( Small Dick Complex) people get the largest vehicles to make up for the perceived inadequacy. Rob I'm not saying that about you. I'm saying it's a real possibility for some large car buyers. If you can't find Mr. Wiggley, you might be driving a Dodge Diesel pick up truck. You might like to come really close to the back ends of Toyotas. You also might die or be killed...just sayin'. If you don't have the SDC you're perfectly ok with a Prius or  Yaris :)

It seems the UK crowd opt for smaller vehicles as a general rule. The roads are smaller. They probably cost more to license and buy. Fuel is more expensive. If I lived in England I would probably drive a Yaris or something like it. On the UK sites I sometimes visit, the gents there like their BMW's, Mercedes and Volvo. We have plenty of those here too. There's a BMW dealer not 5 miles from where I am now. They can be had a good prices here, but probably not a practical car for the common man.Parts, insurance and maintenance tend to be more expensive. The rich folks who don't mind spending 200 for an oil change drive em'.

On 4/14/2017 at 0:33 AM, Rudi said:

That explains it! Damn! All these years & I thought my audience was hearing what I do.

In future I'll just play what people like.

Actually.... no. That would be boring.

Maybe I should give up?

No, *#@% the public. They'll just have to put up with it.

Ha ha...I identify with this completely!!!

I get those days too. I think Rudi was just having one of those days. Hope you feel better today Rudi! He could have been pulling our chain too :)

He's being  a little bit dramatic Rob. The Yaris can exceed 100mph. They probably can't max it very often though. Come around a curve and you might meet a farmer moving his sheep or cows across the street. I have that here too. Hitting a stray Holstein at 95mph might ruin a persons day. 

A little difficult to hear the stereo play when the engine is whining away at 8000 rpm. and you're going so fast that if you stuck your head out the window it might blow the hair off your head.( That is if you have hair).

2 hours ago, starise said:

A little difficult to hear the stereo play when the engine is whining away at 8000 rpm. and you're going so fast that if you stuck your head out the window it might blow the hair off your head.( That is if you have hair).

I down graded to the Yaris after having the (briefly available) Auris T180. By comparison the Yaris has the acceleration of a horse & cart, but it feels quicker in the corners, even though the Auris had every bit of tech to keep it on the road and a double wishbone rear suspension.

So on the farm roads outside Portsmouth I can lose fast cars in the bends. Ok, they catch up PDQ on the straight again, but only until the next bends arrive. Only once in 4 years has one kept pace in the bends and that wasn’t even a sporty car.

It’s a bit like taking a Squier to a jam session and blowing Charvels & Jacksons off the stage. It’s not so much a buzz as it is a laugh.

Well I guess I'm showing my Americaness . I'm not well traveled either. Never heard of an Auris. 

Your story reminds me of something I'll never forget. I once watched a few friends in a motorcycle race. One of them had a very small bike. It was more like a mini bike. The other had a powerful motorcycle. It was like a joke watching them. Everyone had the whole thing figured.

When they yelled go, The friend on the big bike gunned it......and stalled about 10 feet out. The friend on the mini bike won it. 

There's only a casket waiting. What's the hurry? If a person want's to speed the process, be my guest.

I used to speed without braking the speed limit. It works pretty much like the last post I made.

If its a 40 mph speed limit, then I'd do 40mph, right through sharp bends, on through and off roundabouts etc. Sometimes you HAVE to slow down of course, but the idea is the keep the speed up in those little twisty places. Of course you could still be done for 'careless driving'.

TIM. The Auris is like the Yaris, a Toyota.

On 5/17/2017 at 3:38 PM, Rob Ash said:

Whatever the case, speed is, in some cases, it's own reward.

Well you might remember me telling about one of my first cars. I look at it now more like a stage I went through. I hot rodded for awhile.Burned tires, Raced people at stop lights for the fun of it. I guess i'm not really a motor head at heart. Funny how time can change a person or some people. One of my very first jobs was a recommendation from auto repair class to hire me at an auto repair shop.I rebuilt engines, tuned cars etc etc. ad nauseum. I agree there is a thrill there in going from zero to 60 in under 6 seconds. The G forces almost feel like a rocket lift off. Cars now are nothing more than an aluminum engine block covered in computers sensors and a nice plastic shroud. Being post 50 all I want is a way there and back at a decent pace. If i lay into my Murano it has some serious get up and go. The only time I ever care to lay into it is if I need to get in front of someone fast. Like if someone didn't see me. The thing that really gets my blood going is mainly the two extremes that exist on american highways. In the right lane you have the people who I would swear have a hamster inside a wheel under the hood and in the left lane you have the dick swingers( please excuse my french). There doesn't ever seem to be any middle ground. If I pass someone under hamster power on the right I have a dick swinger immediately on my backside. I swear my blood pressure will go down 10 points if I could stop driving that road. If you try to speed up to loose a dick swinger they will only go faster. If your car will do 150, they will do 150. Either follow the hamsters or get into the lane with the narcissist ego manics. Some chump making a car payment for the next 7 years or better yet, it's a lease ( read fleece)...boy am I impressed.

Maybe I should move to Scotland or Portsmouth. I would probably be happier there.

I'm going to try to pull this back on topic again. I recently came across this for those who mix on headphones.

https://storeus.sonarworks.com/collections/headphone-calibration/products/sonarworks-reference-3-headphone-plugin

SOS review here-

http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/sonarworks-reference-3

On sale until the end of May.

The software is model specific. I would click the link to see if it has your model. The intent of the plug in is to make your headphones level. Has anyone tried it? 

I still wouldn't make a mix without first balancing it on open monitors. I could see this coming in handy if you're mixing late and don't want to hear anything else or be heard.

Thanks for that vote of confidence Rob.

I'll never be fed up with you my friend. It's just corny droll humor. The only kind I know how to make.

On 2017-4-22 at 6:37 PM, Rudi said:

My ears are not as good as they were. MP3 seems fine most of the time. I no longer have high end gear. Well.... I still have my 30 year old Mordaunt Short speakers, but they just serve as stands for the much smaller Denons.

Mordant short were the best bang for buck speakers around at one time. I had a friend who used a pair as midfield monitors in his studio back in 1990 because he couldn't afford anything else. Like yourself, my ears have lost some frequencies over the years from being constantly in studio's where music has been cranked up too loud. It's why I don't trust them for mixing nowadays.

Just curious Tom,why open backs in the studio? I've used closed backs for years. Maybe I would benefit from closed backs.

Welcome Ray! Thanks for jumping in  the thread and commenting. Anyone who read through the entire thread deserves an award. :D

• 4 months later...

Archived