Your Ad Could Be Here

Klanghelm Tube Saturation IVGI Plug-in FREE

It's no secret that some tube circuits added a pleasant warmth to the sound of recordings giving them a round warm sound accomplished by the added pleasant harmonics and the slight compression effect of tubes which took the rough edges off. This sound was imparted mainly through use of old mixing boards and  outboard gear. Many mixers still look for this old gear to get that retro sound back.

The rest of us thankfully have tube emulations. Enter IVGI, a free plug in by Klanghelm. 

http://klanghelm.com/contents/products/IVGI/IVGI.php

IVGI has a big brother, SDRR that is offered for a very reasonable price.

I could also point you to a company called Softube who have a one knob tube warmer also for free. This very plug in came with my DAW in addition to console emulation. Not all DAWs have it though and it's a really nice addition. I hesitated on Softube because they want you to download an installer and register. If you don't mind doing that you could have two free plug ins here.The two aren't the same and it might be nice to have both. I'm very happy with the Softube plug in, however I'm not so sure I would have downloaded a special installer to get it.

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=satknob

Archived