Your Ad Could Be Here

• Noob

Hello!

My name is Mary Allain, I am a music student and Philadelphia based singer/songwriter and I'm here because I really need some feedback on my songs. I have written a lot but not recorded much, so when I have recordings of my music I am really looking for a lot of advice when it comes to recording, mixing, and mastering (I am awful at Pro Tools so help with that would be awesome). I am currently working on a website and better ways to market myself so any help at all with that would also be greatly appreciated.

Just a little bit about me:

As of right now I play 7 instruments. I play piano, guitar, oboe, english horn, ukulele, mandolin, and the alto saxophone. I started taking piano lessons when I was 6 and ever since then I have been completely hooked on music! I've taken private lessons in oboe and guitar, and have sang in many ensembles throughout my education, but I have taught myself everything else. 

I write songs and have done a very small amount of composing and producing, but I am much better at lyrics than at melodies (aka I'm very bad at melodies). 

What I really want out of Songstuff is a place to get real criticism of my music from people who know what they're doing, and hopefully eventually have some collaborators so I can learn even more. As a music major currently at college, my ambitions for my future are to hopefully be a songwriter, lyricist, producer, or just studio tech, but obviously I need a lot of feedback and a lot of practice to achieve these goals.

Thank you for all your help!

Mary Allain

• Like 1

Welcome Mary - very impressed with your introduction and how many instruments you can play. Hopefully you find what you re looking for from the site. Some advice, you get back what you put in, so get involved, listen and critique and others will do likewise.

Cheers

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Mary,

You picked the right place ;) 

Looking forward to hear your music !

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Mary, welcome to Songstuff!

I look forward to hearing your songs. As. Music student you probably already have some experience with giving and receiving critique?