• Announcements

• Songstuff

New Chat App   06/02/2017

We have a new chat app available. You will need to sign up for it. You can pick up the invite link at the top of your member hub page:   http://forums.songstuff.com/member/hub/   Remember to use your Songstuff registered email and user name when you sign up! Using the invite link will automatically add you to the Songstuff chat channel.
brycebad

Would love feedback on yet another song in another genre :)

8 posts in this topic

So for those of you who have been on this forum for some time, this is my third song and am exploring yet another genre. Its more "pop"ish, with a hint of Ed Sheeran, but also a nice bass line that gives it a dance-y vibe! Would love critique of the song as a whole! 

3 people like this

Really nice, I dig it.  Smooth vocals with a nice mix that I can see getting a crowd going.  Great job.

If you're into rap can you check out my two songs.  Me, Myself & I, I wrote about my son's real life experiences and then wrote a sequel called 6x8 as a warning to what can happen to him if he don't learn from his mistakes.

This is really catchy song idea, Bryce (@brycebad). I'm not familiar with Sheeran's latest stuff but I'm liking the party vibe in this song! Using a "slow-down/tape-stop" effect on the word "low" at 2:37 and 3:34, might be an idea worth experimenting with? Just a thought :D

Really enjoy your songs, man. Can't wait to hear what you come up with next.

Ken

wow really does sound like ed sheeran.. you have a really rich voice.. and it's just a little too loud, cause the track is really good, and you're drowning it out!

Having said that... I do feel like it resembles ed sheeran a little too much, personally for me.. i keep expecting his voice to come in. I also feel like youre not giving 100% to your vocals.. just a sense of possibly being too fast? or confidence? i'm not sure.

It's a really good song.. nicely produced and catchy. excited to see what else you do with this/your other tracks :)

On 4/14/2017 at 2:56 PM, brycebad said:

this is my third song and am exploring yet another genre.

I like it. I think you've accomplished your goal with this.  You have a wonderful voice.  Clean, CLEAN mixing.  You should be on America's got Talent or The Voice. 

This is an excellent composition.

29 minutes ago, ImKeN said:

This is really catchy song idea, Bryce (@brycebad). I'm not familiar with Sheeran's latest stuff but I'm liking the party vibe in this song! Using a "slow-down/tape-stop" effect on the word "low" at 2:37 and 3:34, might be an idea worth experimenting with? Just a thought :D

Really enjoy your songs, man. Can't wait to hear what you come up with next.

Ken

Thanks Ken! Haha, you know, if I knew how to do that effect you are talking about, I totally would have... I just couldn't figure it out so I did it "manually" with my voice :lol:

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, brycebad said:

Haha, you know, if I knew how to do that effect you are talking about, I totally would have...

Hey again, Bryce. Maybe you've done this already but try searching for "slow down, tape-stop, effect, (enter your DAW name)," and I'll bet you'll find someone doing a video tutorial on it. That's how I usually learn new tricks on Logic Pro X. Good luck!

Nice song, nice voice, nice production! This is a catchy tune that makes me want to dance. I could see this doing well at the clubs, but it's also a great tune to listen to in the car. Good hook that easy easy to sing along with. The use of synths is nice without being overdone. The mix is tight and clean too.