Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello All, my name is Dawn Robertson and I have been in the music business most of my life. I live and breathe music and ride the lyrics to other people's songs with great pleasure. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and would love to have you critique my work. I am open to helping others build their careers as I have never wanted to be the star of the show.

I generally write lyrics as I am not a musician but I often have the melody for a lyric that I have written and will use that to work with a collaborator to bring the songs to fruition. 

Although I have been on the inside of a music label I tried to learn my own way of doing things and followed my instincts to achieve the goals I set for myself. I tend to make my own path and with experience I have come to learn that there are several ways to make it in the industry if you so choose.

I have worked with many people in the industry and have utilized what I have learned over the years into a better product and experience.

I come to Songstuff with great respect for all of you who are willing to put yourself and your work out there. I have worked in film and radio industries as well as music so I have had a little taste of everything. I even turned down a singer/songwriter deal with a Nashville label as I wanted to perfect my craft before doing so. There is a time and place for everything and it was just not the right time for me. The owner of the label said he understood my decision as a singer/sonwriter of my caliber. His words still remain with me to this day and they have allowed me to grow and have a career that I completely control. I was never in it to be famous or rich. I just love what I do. 

• Like 2

okay, usually when someone introduces themselves and has 0 people welcome them, I jump in. You may have moved past the intro part and jumped in yourself because I can see you've already made several posts. I hope you are liking it so far! Great to have you here.

See you on the boards,

Lisa

19 minutes ago, Lisa Gates said:

okay, usually when someone introduces themselves and has 0 people welcome them, I jump in. You may have moved past the intro part and jumped in yourself because I can see you've already made several posts. I hope you are liking it so far! Great to have you here.

See you on the boards,

Lisa

Well thank you Lisa...I am enjoying it immensely. Hope to see you too! Have a good night.🙂

I'll go stalk you now. I love seeing what everyone posts! LOL

You have a good night too

3 minutes ago, Lisa Gates said:

I'll go stalk you now. I love seeing what everyone posts! LOL

You have a good night too

Lol you're fun.......I like that....Hear Ye! Hear Ye! you are officially invited to view any of my work I post here....lol.....read away Lisa!

🤗

thanks for "getting me" lol

I love that you're involved in the writing lyrics challenge. i always learn so much from them!

6 minutes ago, Lisa Gates said:

thanks for "getting me" lol

I love that you're involved in the writing lyrics challenge. i always learn so much from them!

They are fun I enjoy pushing myself. I continue to learn as well. If you ever need a lyric message me.....

thanks but lyrics i got (coming out of papers, pads, and notebooks) its the melodies that allude me in my adult life... when i was young they came together but i never wrote them down. argh! live and learn. :helpsmilie: