Your Ad Could Be Here

My introduction to Songstuff

Hello Songstuff people: My name is Robert, and I'm new here! First of all I would like to thank John and the rest of the staff for setting this up, so I could do this. I'm not a very proficient person when it comes to computers, and anything digital for that matter. With the obvious stated, I'm probably otherwise similar to a lot of you. I have a passion for music, and I hear much better than I play, meaning I don't consider myself much of a musician or a singer for that matter. I do however love to write what I call storytelling type songs, and have gone as far as publishing a couple of e-books with nothing but the lyrics, I'll discuss that insanity later if anyone is interested. The reason for the format of books was kind of a two fold deal. I was wanting to get them out there, and couldn't afford to record them, and it was a way of publishing without spending a fortune, and maintaining my ownership. I more than likely joined this group because I ran across it while looking for something else, it happens to be right up my alley. I still don't remember joining this group, but that doesn't surprise me, I was pretty busy there for a moment, and have a tendency to drink too much coffee, does coffee affect one's memory? What I would like to do is find some folks to work with on making those stories in to the songs they were intended to be. Most of them are written as rockers, but there is a few country's and pops as well. Maybe someone hears something differently than I do, maybe my stuff isn't as good as I think it is, or maybe it's written in a manner that someone might have difficulty working with. Those are questions for other people to answer, hell I wrote them, I'm more than likely going to be biased( there is a few I know suck), but you can probably get the gist of what I'm stating. I am wanting to do this seriously, I'm approaching it, like I would a career, I'm not exactly a spring chicken. I went to school for Music business 30 years ago, and wound up in the construction industry for 28 of those years. Now I'm slightly disabled and in a biblical sense back to my first love, that would be the music! I could sit here and write a book on this, but I'll spare you that. I hope I've given anyone reading this enough information to make a fair assessment, I am serious about trying to do something with the stuff that's been written thus far, and if you're one needing or wanting collaboration with some lyrics, maybe I could be of assistance, no one knows until they try. What I went to school for 30 years ago was nothing like this. This whole business model has changed, I'm not sure for the better either, but it would've been tough making it worse. So I guess you roll with what you've got, and hope you've got something that stands out a little bit from the masses. I look forward to hearing from someone.  Thank You  Robert

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Songstuff! Sounds like you've come prepared :)

Now we have 2 RobAsh's on the site :) 

Good luck in your efforts.

Peggy

Thank You very much Peggy, there's a chance that other Robash is me as well and I don't recall it. According to the staff folks I became a proud member back in February. If the other Robash happens to be me, then I might need to consider getting checked out for dementia or something worse. Robash is a fairly uncommon name to sport, I know how I came up with it, I wonder how the other fellow came up with it? Anyway thank you for the welcome, and hopefully I will enjoy it here, it will probably take me some time, seeing as to how I didn't know about the time I've already had. Thanks  Robert