Your Ad Could Be Here

New today!

I'm Patty Lakamp and am so glad to have found SongStuff!  I  have always loved writing ANYTHING.  I was an advertising copywriter for half of my working years (the other half was in the arcane world of municipal bonds—go figure!) Now in retirement, I’ve discovered lyric writing.  I’ve only been doing this for about 6 months, but have entered my lyrics in some national contests and so far have won Two Honorable Mentions, which were real morale boosts.  I want to get better and better, and have my songs produced.  I would love to collaborate with a musician to make a complete product.  I hope to contribute to SongStuff by critiquing lyrics responsibly and helpfully, and I will submit my lyrics for your comments, too.

I’m particularly interested in songs about women, for women.  Influences are Carly Simon, Streisand, The Beatles, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver.  Some might say “old;” I prefer “classic.”

Hey Patty: I'm new here, and kind of fumbling my way around. For me to have gotten this far says a lot for this site! I saw where you write lyrics, that's kind of my bag as well. Congrats on the awards! I wouldn't know where to go for that. What really piqued my interest though, was the mention of Gordon Lightfoot! I've been hearing some of his stuff on a 70's station down here, I was always a fan, but didn't realize he may've played an influence on my writing style. I write what I've dubbed storytelling lyrics, I heard The Edmund Fitzgerald for the 1st time in years the other day, and it dawned it on me I kind of write in that style some. I found that kind of interesting, by no means am I comparing myself with him, just noticed a similarity in styles. I'd be more than happy to critique a few for you, which reminds me I'm probably not fully set up. I was just out for a morning stroll here and stumbled across your post, I'm guessing I might want to go check on my status. Take Care!  Robert

Robash

love the Edmund Fitzgerald, too! 

I've posted several of my songs on the Lyric Critique Board, so I'd love your comments.

Welcome Patty.

10 hours ago, Just1L said:

Patty -> Peggy

Peggy <- Patty

Patty -> Robash

Robash -> Rob Ash

What the?!?!?!

Welcome.

Hmmm Randy you lost me. I see:

Patty -> Community

Peggy -> Patty

Robash -> Patty

Patty -> Robash

Randy -> Whom it may concern

Peggy -> Confused

Me -> Randy

???

Did Rob maybe post to Robert here and then delete it? We have 2 members called RobAsh, and they are different people :)

Patty, a big welcome to Songstuff! Good to have you aboard. :) It's a good ship and true.

On April 22, 2017 at 8:04 AM, john said:

Hmmm Randy you lost me. I see:

Patty -> Community

Peggy -> Patty

Robash -> Patty

Patty -> Robash

Randy -> Whom it may concern

Peggy -> Confused

Me -> Randy

???

Did Rob maybe post to Robert here and then delete it? We have 2 members called RobAsh, and they are different people :)

Horribly executed on my part. No, Rob didn't post it was just me noticing another rob ash. I was meaning it as a Patty this is Peggy. Peggy this is Patty. Patty this is Rob Ash. Rob Ash this is Rob Ash. Sorry for the confusion.

Patty, Sorry for any confusion. At least now you know you can ignore most of my comments. :)

Archived