• Announcements

• Songstuff

New Chat App   06/02/2017

We have a new chat app available. You will need to sign up for it. You can pick up the invite link at the top of your member hub page:   http://forums.songstuff.com/member/hub/   Remember to use your Songstuff registered email and user name when you sign up! Using the invite link will automatically add you to the Songstuff chat channel.
Steve Mueske

Patreon Account

Steve Mueske    170

I have started a Patreon account. If anyone here is interested in supporting my desire to release artistic electronic music free of charge, please take a look.

https://www.patreon.com/muesk

• Like 2

john    1,411

Nice one Steve. I'll take a good look this evening. :)

Steve Mueske    170

I can always use comments and feedback. So far, zero patrons. I don't expect that I'll get many or that it'll be easy, but I have no money and no way to replace anything that breaks down. The model is enticing because it is at least built on the idea of creating art, that art has value. I frankly hate the whole business thing, trying to drum up money, sell releases and whatnot, and I've never been good or successful at it. I was naive a decade ago. I know it's a mistake to have neglected the business aspect of it, but the whole money thing is just repellent. Still, if I'm being honest, things are pretty nearly desperate and I need to try. Otherwise, I'm just going to be f*cked someday and then I'll have nothing.

john    1,411

Frankly I am in a very similar situation, and like you I am uncomfortable asking for money. I would like to think people will support me because they like what I do and want more rather than feeling an obligation through family or friendship, but hey..

i love what you do, and definitely want you to be able to make more. :)

• Like 1

Steve Mueske    170

Hey, I have my first two patrons!

john    1,411

I think you will find it is 3 :)

I wish it could be more bud. Should a windfall land on me....

Steve Mueske    170

Oh, my God, John! You literally just brought me to tears! Thank you, thank you! Please also let me know if you have ideas for things you'd like to see, ways I can provide value to the people who are showing faith in me. 

john    1,411

Glad to help. Every little amount does. I would say though that you could do with a larger ticket offering, like autographed works, a Steve doodle, poem and signature, a skype poem reading, musical performance, combination? Q&A session etc. plus of course the ongoing rewards.

As to ongoing rewards, live performances, interview videos, talk about individual pieces, their inspiration, technology, a video walk through of your local area with you talking about what inspires you, a "this is my studio... where all the magic happens" vid, an over the shoulder "me making music" vid etc etc.

Steve Mueske    170

All good ideas. At the highest level, right now, the $10 per month category, I am offering up to three original poems or one unique song creation. It would be hard for me to justify charging more for individual items. If anything, I should be throwing them in. I love your ideas, though, about personalizing some of the day-to-day stuff, and will probable incorporate some of them into the $5 level. Right now, I am working on a professional-level layout of a PDF of me earlier out-of-print poetry books for the $2 level and up. 

Up to 4 patrons!

I also plan on dramatically increasing my software articles for Songstuff, with the first one, a Sequent review, on your doorstep. :)

• Like 1