starise

Collab Track In The Works

13 posts in this topic

I have this track in the rough that needs lyrics/ vocals added and someone singing. I can sing, but I don't have lyrics. I don't care if someone else sings to it if they can sing.

If you like the track send me a vocal track and I'll mix it into the track. There will be more added to the track including a solo. I'll tighten it up some more but it should be close enough to sing to. This is a "rough" track.

I'll leave this up for a few more days. If no ideas I'll pull it.

Hi Tim - if I get a chance this weekend I might give it a go. I'm still trying to get a minute to get back to the other track, but due to family and work at the moment, I've not been near the studio for over a week and only manage to pop in here for a couple of minutes a day.

Thanks Richard. It is an odd drum beat. I don't know about you. I get tired of straight up 4/4 120 rock/pop. Wanted something different.I sang a vocal to it, but i didn't like it. I hear you on the work/family. This is a busy time here too. Don't work too hard. I get frustrated at my lack of time in the studio lately.

I might start an alternative site to upload different kinds of material onto. I have lots of ideas if I can ever find the time to record them.

I have a rough vocal melody coming to me... with a somewhat broody tone. No lyrics, though  -_-

1 person likes this

Go for it Sreyashi! If you have other ideas I'll see what I can do.

1 person likes this

Starise at what section do you see the hook sitting?

This one might be tough for me to describe without hearing the idea. I had a hook in the verse. It's really open to anything. I might have other interest in it too. Might be interesting to see how different versions can sound. In this idea freedom reigns :)

Tim, I think I am going to give this one a try as well. I've laid down a very rough draft for a vocal idea with ad-libbing lyrics. Will go back and find the lyric idea from that and get something to you soon as an idea.

@starise - Tim, I decided to give this a quick try - the lyrics were about 90% ad-libbed as I was singing once I had a rough idea of what the lyric should be about.

I am going to refine the lyrics, but what do you think of the idea?

R

https://soundcloud.com/moodman-1/i-dont-care-anymore-22052017-2223/s-SzV2i

I don't like how SoundCloud doesn't allow you to change the name of the artist!!!

2 people like this

I like how this turned out Richard.I replied last evening and the message didn't get through.I must not have pushed send. This has almost an old Bowie feel to it. I can hear adding some odd other parts in there.

To see how different a track can sound with different ideas. Here's a link to the original idea. In that example the vox comes and goes. I didn't really know what I was singing...hence why I need lyrics lol. FWIW I like your ideas better.

Link- Why Girl

Richard are you going to submit another vox on this? I gather you might want to work the words a bit more. When you think it's ready, feel free to send it to me without reverb or any efx. Thank you for working on it and doing such a nice job so far!

5 hours ago, starise said:

Richard are you going to submit another vox on this? I gather you might want to work the words a bit more. When you think it's ready, feel free to send it to me without reverb or any efx. Thank you for working on it and doing such a nice job so far!

Yeah, I'll give it another go. Just need to find time to work out the lyrics, but thinking they will be close to what's there with another verse part, instead of having the repeat.