Your Ad Could Be Here

Collection of Free Plug ins From Sonic Anomaly

I haven't personally tried any of these yet. The GUI's look to be well done. I'm going to download and give them a shot! 

http://sonic.supermaailma.net/plugins

Let me know your experiences with these if you try them. Which ones you like best.

If you have a Mac, these look to have been wrapped in a code to make them work in Mac. 

It states that these are not vst plugins and only work on Reaper.

They were made and used in Reaper. Since they are vst they should work in any vst host.

If you have Reaper that's great. If you don't have Reaper and you use a PC daw, I would only try the vst plug in download links not the JFSX links. The should work as vst in a vst host.

JFSX must be the Reaper cross platform file.

They should work with other hosts too but I cannot guarantee it.

These VST plugins have been tested to work with Reaper. They should work with other hosts too but I cannot guarantee it.

TPistilli that site is a bit confusing. I can see where you may have thought this.

It's all good. Maybe I'll download them and try. I have too many plugins anyway...ha ha...One I just got that is free (limited version) is called panagement. It gives you the ability to graphically place any track anywhere in the mix...front to back and side to side. Real fun to play with especially if you are a Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon kind of guy. I am checking it out right now. The cost is only $29 so if it does all it seems to do, I will buy the full version.

I watched the video and like it! I might give that one a try. Thanks for sharing.

My daw has a "panning laws" setting that lets you program how you want the tracks to be panned. It's more of a global control though. Having something like this might allow more of an individual panning setup.

2 minutes ago, starise said:

My daw has a "panning laws" setting that lets you program how you want the tracks to be panned. It's more of a global control though. Having something like this might allow more of an individual panning setup.

So your DAW doesn't allow you to go into any one track and pan it? 

Yes each track has a panning control. The global setting determines how  panning reacts. 

This is a description. 

http://blog.cakewalk.com/panning-laws/

Whew.

It's not really as bad as it might look. The pan pot can basically be set up to either increase/decrease or keep the same the center position in relation to the sides. The plug in TPistilli mentioned seems to make an all or nothing kind of pan. At least this is what I gathered from the video.

The panning in my daw is more like less and more. Not a true cut from left to right. More of a l to R adjustment within the sound field. This was how the old analog mixers were designed. This is most true to a real image.

If a person is standing facing  a stage and the flute player is all the way to the left, you'll still hear them in your right ear, just not as much. If a mix is dense I could see maybe taking all of the information out of one channel or to get a special effect. This is where a plug in like that could shine ....maybe? :)

I didn't think it looked bad. I was "Whew"ing that your DAW had panning for each individual track. The post I was responding to almost made it seem like you only had global panning, not individual at all. And that was a head-scratcher for me.

Since TPistilli mentioned Pink Floyd I wonder if the plug in he mentioned can be automated. I can automate my panning /volume/send etc already. If you could write automation with it you could make a 5.1 surround mix very cool since it also can pan front to rear. Most daws have a 5.1 feature as a template. This might make the panning more interesting.

1 hour ago, starise said:

Since TPistilli mentioned Pink Floyd I wonder if the plug in he mentioned can be automated. I can automate my panning /volume/send etc already. If you could write automation with it you could make a 5.1 surround mix very cool since it also can pan front to rear. Most daws have a 5.1 feature as a template. This might make the panning more interesting.

That is definitely something to look into. I use Mixcraft 8.

Mixcraft 8 is a nice program. Good luck!

Archived