Kevinghs

Made my 2nd track! Feedback appreciated!

Kevinghs    1

Hi guys, 

This is my 2nd track on Fl Studio. I would describe it as an electro - ambient sound.

Luister naar Golden Melody (Prod. By Kevin Ghs) van RandoMusic #np op #SoundCloud

Cheers

Jenn    172

instead of more synths at 0:30, i would have relooped the previous sequence but added a drum beat too

i think you have a lot of good ideas, but they all compete each other

and you have really bright sounds when my ear is waiting for a bass of some sort and a nice kick 

i would have 2:05 as your main chorus as it's really good, but the rest just sounds too similar and gets mushy

you have a good ear for melodies and catchy rhythms, as well as adding and taking away instruments

but mainly.. try to add drums/bass if you so choose

good luck!

• Like 1

Kevinghs    1

Thanks! I'll do my best to make it better :) I was thinking about adding some drums/bass but I wasn't entirely sure. Now I know I should have done it.

Cheers 

Hamzi    7

a telephone song :D

• Like 1

I like how the melody unfolds. The counter melodies of all the different tracks make it interesting to me. It definitely needs a beat and a bass, and it needs to come in quite soon. The lack of the drum and bass make the whole song feel a bit suspense full (is that even a word?) and the drop never comes. I actually hear a break beat in my mind, something that starts off high pass-filtered and then fully drops in after a few bars with a simpler house beat providing most of the energy. And then some kind of electronic bass that provides some more syncopation. 

• Like 1

Kevinghs    1
On 12-5-2017 at 6:40 PM, Hamzi said:

a telephone song :D

Now that you mention it haha

Kevinghs    1
On 12-5-2017 at 7:45 PM, Will Sketches said:

I like how the melody unfolds. The counter melodies of all the different tracks make it interesting to me. It definitely needs a beat and a bass, and it needs to come in quite soon. The lack of the drum and bass make the whole song feel a bit suspense full (is that even a word?) and the drop never comes. I actually hear a break beat in my mind, something that starts off high pass-filtered and then fully drops in after a few bars with a simpler house beat providing most of the energy. And then some kind of electronic bass that provides some more syncopation. 

I See. That was very helpfull. I will definitely add some drums and bass in it. Its the missing link I guess :D and yeah a good drop would be nice but I don't know yet how to make one so it will take some time. Im watching a lot of tutorials to improve, I hope I can show it soon :)

LooknGlass    379

I like it, it sounds good, but I think it may need a more dynamic change up to make it "pop" more. Having said that, I think it has a good vibe and sound. Nice work

• Like 1

Kevinghs    1
8 hours ago, LooknGlass said:

I like it, it sounds good, but I think it may need a more dynamic change up to make it "pop" more. Having said that, I think it has a good vibe and sound. Nice work

Thanks!! :)

ImKeN    256

@Kevinghs, welcome to Songstuff.

The track sounds very clean and light(perhaps due to little going on in the low frequencies) and the momentum was pretty consistent, throughout. I also watch a lot of tutorials online when creating tracks so we're in the same boat. All the best!

Here's an article you might enjoy reading: 

http://edmprod.com/why-you-should-finish-more-music/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Lesson+%231%3A+Why+you+should+finish+MORE+music&utm_campaign=WF+Lesson+%231

Kevinghs    1
11 hours ago, ImKeN said:

@Kevinghs, welcome to Songstuff.

The track sounds very clean and light(perhaps due to little going on in the low frequencies) and the momentum was pretty consistent, throughout. I also watch a lot of tutorials online when creating tracks so we're in the same boat. All the best!

Here's an article you might enjoy reading: 

http://edmprod.com/why-you-should-finish-more-music/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Lesson+%231%3A+Why+you+should+finish+MORE+music&utm_campaign=WF+Lesson+%231

I read it all and I actually feel more confident and motivated now :) I am actually producing a lot in a short time, that means I'm on the right path. Thank you so much for this and all the best to you too!

• Like 1