moptop

Sleep my little one

6 posts in this topic

Here is one of my finished projects.   This is the first track I recorded after throat surgery so the vocal is a little wobbly.   Please let me know what you think.

take care.

2 people like this

It's a lovely song, @moptop. You have such a great tone to your voice and the melodies were very soothing to my ears. It sounds like a great lullaby.

Great stuff,

Ken

2 people like this

49 minutes ago, ImKeN said:

It sounds like a great lullaby.

Ken, thank you!  You hit the nail on the head. I sang it to my grandson and he fell right asleep.   I should re-cut the vocal, It's been 4+ years and my voice has gotten stronger since then. 

Thanks again,

Take care.

I love this song, and I love your voice!  You have a real gift for this.  The words are just right...not sappy, not amateurish, just perfect.  And the melody is memorable.  I think a lot of people would like this. 

If if I had to find something to criticize, I would say I shorten the intro.  It really gets interesting at about the 30-second mark. But I'm reaching...its really appealing as it is.

Thanks for posting.

1 person likes this

its a very beautiful song. though, i feel like the cymbal distracts me too much, it's not the right texture.. i don't know. maybe a closed hat? i don't know if that's the terminology. but i was falling asleep to it otherwise. really beautiful 

1 person likes this

Miss Jenn, Thanks very much.  You are correct, it is a closed hi-hat and yes, after I added it it didn't seem like it fit very well with the mood of the song.  IIRC, I used it for timing rather than and accent feature. I think I still have the original multi-track file for that, if so, I'm sure it could be easily removed.  Any suggestions as to what I could or should put in its place or just not add anything at all?

Take care.