Hamzi

I posted my second song :D

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,looking forward to your impressions...I think this is my best work so far...thanks in advance <333

2 people like this

This sounds fresh, @Hamzi. I really liked that intro(0:00~0:58). But there was something about the bass line that sounded a little off, to me. Cool song idea, though. 

All the best with it.

thank youuu @ImKeN for wonderful feedback--It's personal about bass because it is my favourite instruments and to me it is so beautiful when bass is like a solo instrument but just in background :D

Hmmm. Interesting. This one is a doozy for me. There isn't a typical song structure going on … and I like that about it. Each section sounds great and flows into each other well. Are there some really low electro-vocals going on in parts? Part of it makes me wonder, and part of it fascinates me. It all kind of fascinates me actually. I really dig it and cannot honestly say what I, or you, should or could do. I mean I have some thoughts, but I don't think they are really relevant with what you're doing. In my eyes, that's gotta be a good thing. Nice one, I really enjoy it.

Randy

1 minute ago, Just1L said:

Hmmm. Interesting. This one is a doozy for me. There isn't a typical song structure going on … and I like that about it. Each section sounds great and flows into each other well. Are there some really low electro-vocals going on in parts? Part of it makes me wonder, and part of it fascinates me. It all kind of fascinates me actually. I really dig it and cannot honestly say what I, or you, should or could do. I mean I have some thoughts, but I don't think they are really relevant with what you're doing. In my eyes, that's gotta be a good thing. Nice one, I really enjoy it.

Randy

Hello Randy,this is a pretty good feedback hahaha I'm kinda glad that you liked it(I think) and got confused at the same time xDDD
It was the idea :D to have a lot of things going on but to make a good flow with it throughout 4 minutes and when you listen to it,it should lead you through the whole story without bothering you much with changes...
Yes there are electro-vocals ,but it's just tiny autotuned vocals delaying the main voice through whole song :D 

much love bro <3

4 minutes ago, Hamzi said:

I'm kinda glad that you liked it (I think)

Yeah I liked it. I think it took me by surprise as I found it unexpected. It did flow me right through as it should. On the first listen, with the changes, I kept going back thinking "What? Where are we going? What just happened?" But it did take me right through. I guess if I did have one thing to say it would be I'd like to possibly hear what those low auto-tuned vocals were saying.

Just now, Just1L said:

Yeah I liked it. I think it took me by surprise as I found it unexpected. It did flow me right through as it should. On the first listen, with the changes, I kept going back thinking "What? Where are we going? What just happened?" But it did take me right through. I guess if I did have one thing to say it would be I'd like to possibly hear what those low auto-tuned vocals were saying.

they are saying what main vocal is singing :D it's delay

1 person likes this

nice confusing song :)

maybe you can use some of my mix advices ;)

the wah clavinet is a bit harsh for my taste, the bd overall a bit to big (or hitten to hard, specially at 1:40 in the you clould lower the midi velocity a bit)

the overall compression/limiting is a bit limit and this makes the song somtimes clipping (2:40) - I think the song would live more with more dynamics.

you could leave the reverb tail in the end, wouldn't make to song to end so aprupt.

generally the bass could support a bit more the song for my tase

but as always - it's a matter of taste :)

just my 5 cent

keep it up!

This is different and unique, not the same ole same ole, and I like that. The switch up at about the 1:15 mark caught me by surprise, but it was a cool surprise. Cool tune Hamzi, I like it!

7 hours ago, CTO said:

nice confusing song :)

maybe you can use some of my mix advices ;)

the wah clavinet is a bit harsh for my taste, the bd overall a bit to big (or hitten to hard, specially at 1:40 in the you clould lower the midi velocity a bit)

the overall compression/limiting is a bit limit and this makes the song somtimes clipping (2:40) - I think the song would live more with more dynamics.

you could leave the reverb tail in the end, wouldn't make to song to end so aprupt.

generally the bass could support a bit more the song for my tase

but as always - it's a matter of taste :)

just my 5 cent

keep it up!

thanks for the advices,I'm still learning how to mix and master good..it's frustrating 

Edited by Hamzi

7 hours ago, LooknGlass said:

This is different and unique, not the same ole same ole, and I like that. The switch up at about the 1:15 mark caught me by surprise, but it was a cool surprise. Cool tune Hamzi, I like it!

thank you so much Looking Glass I love you <3