Your Ad Could Be Here

John asked, Yolanda answers

• Noob

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments? I don't play any instruments. I compose all my music on the computer using loops.

2. Are you in a band or bands? My band is myself. I am in the process of building my website. I just want to make sure I have enough music ready before I publish it.

3. Do you write songs? I write all my song lyrics. I have this thing where I don't put my songs to music until I have composed the song in Acid Pro. Listening to loops and arranging them help me decide the melody to my lyrics. I don't have a writing partner, and not sure how I'd feel about having one.

4. Do you record your music? I currently record my lyrics at home, on a cheesy headset designed for gaming. I only do this so I can have an idea what the song is going to sound like once I get it into the studio. I have chosen a studio, I'm just waiting until I have enough songs together to justify going in and recording the vocals. I do have music available on the web, on Youtube, and also on ReverbNation. Please be aware, though, that the vocals to these have not been recorded in a studio and aren't the greatest sound quality.

5. What other roles do you perform in the music business? I'm a one woman show. I do everything from self management, publishing, promoting and marketing my music all by myself. I'm hoping this will change soon.

6. Are you a tech head? I AM!

7. What country do you live in? United States

8. What are your ambitions? I have a goal to release my first album by June 2018. Honestly, my ULTIMATE goal is to have a song on the Billboard top 100. I'd also really like to tour, at least locally.

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit? I'm HUGE into bullet journaling.

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff? I'd like to get an idea of what it is like for other musicians out there, to get feedback on my work, and maybe make some friends.

P.S. My real name is Linda Bryant. Yolanda Youngblood has been my stage name for the past 20 years.

lol Linda... and thank you very much for answering. :) Welcome to Songstuff :)

Archived