Jenn

Favorite Song(s) of the Week?

Jenn    194

So I know, for myself, I typically have a favorite song(s) of the week that I play on repeat for a couple of days. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a thread where everyone lists their chosen song.. or if you can't decide, songs.. Not only would it give everyone some song recommendations, but I think it would also provide insight into everyone's influences.. 

I guess if it's okay, I'll start with mine..

Sign of the Times - Harry Styles 

To Be Human - Sia ft. Labrinth 

• Like 3

Of late, I've been more inclined to listen to artists that aren't that mainstream. There are so many gems around and I'm happy to discover them from platforms like soundcloud :)

So the artist that I recently discovered was Peter Nanasi and there's one song of his that I've been listening to, on a repeat.. usually after my work hours are over. I guess after quality female voices, sucking up to piano pieces comes a close second, for me :P

Here's the link:

• Like 1

Richard Tracey    254

For me it's a song from a band I fell out of love with a while ago as I found a lot of their new music to be bland and twee, but this song from their new album gives me hope they can still produce amazing music. 

The group are Erasure and the song is off their new album and it is probably the best thing they have composed since their 'The Innocents' album. The song is called 'Oh What A World'.

• Like 2

mikeowen    0

This week I have on a repeat The cardigans. I remember these guys, the song was very popular at the 99th -00s, and was a soundtrack to GT for PS

GocartMoz    437

Been listening to this cover of a Neil Young classic, Cortez The Killer, done by The Dave Matthews Band and Warren Haynes ... Great jam!

Jenn    194

Melodrama heavily influencing me yet again! 

Sober by Lorde

tunesmithth    1,233

One of my all-time favorite lyrics...excellent arrangement too ! 

Just a great track all around. :001_smile:

Mahesh    479

My favorite song of the week is also the last week's winner.  Japanese Denim by Daniel Caeser. Smooth, catchy and very well produced!

• Like 1

There is this artist who I really admire for her versatility and quirkiness and her ability to get completely lost in her songs. It’s also fun to watch her do live looping of her voice (which she seems to be very skilled at). Here are two songs of Kimbra that I’ve been hearing (actually, viewing) on repeat – one a Nina Simone cover and the other an original.

• Like 1

Ray888    159

Jackson Brown is one of my favourite songwriters who I hold in very high esteem. He wrote this song a long time ago but I think that the lyric was pure genius. I've gigged it myself on a few occasions and it's still on my playlist.

I get lost in this Gabriel Yared composition, which was featured in the movie, City of Angels.  Its my absolute favorite to listen to on earbuds or speakers that pick up the most delicate of sounds. This is the one song I can completely immerse myself in.

Edited by Pahchisme Plaid
  • Like 1

I like the emotion in this one, the contrast of gentle vs. intense and Has a great outro.  Plus there are times I can totally identify with the lyrics.

I like the idea of this post.  It gets me listening to songs I've forgotten about and hearing artists I've never heard before!

• Like 1