TV Theme Tunes

I love this bit of Tex Mex

Robinson Crusoe had a appealing tune

I Spy

The Rockford Files

Moonlighting

Baretta *eye of the sparrow"

Miami Vice

Great topic, its interesting to hear all these different theme music/songs. I'm curious about 'The Beverly Hillbillies,' that theme song was hilarious! 

I have a few favorites but these are my top 3: AirwolfDawsons Creek and Yu Yu Hakusho(anime).

Nice thread!! One of my songs (not yet tracked) is a metal piece written to have feel and melody similar to the bluegrass western stuff like Wild Wild West and Bonanza.

I'd throw Honorable Mentions to the merry Munsters theme, the jazzy Jetsons theme, and the rockin' Rockford Files theme. Totally great music there. But I think the best theme music I've ever heard are these (and I can't believe no one posted them yet!!)....

Always one of my favorites:

Wow F-Troop! I forgot about F-Troop for more than 50 years! What a plunge back in time!

Of course Mission Impossible is incredible. Its maybe the best of the few tunes ever written in 5/4.

How about a John Sabastian song (written & sung)?

4 hours ago, tunesmithth said:

Here's a lesser-known show (Battle Creek"), cancelled after 1 short season.

My wife and I truly liked this show...very sorry to see it get the axe :huh: ...excellent casting ! 

Being a Michigander and having stopped in Battle Creek on my way to Kalamazoo , Grand Rapids and Traverse City to name a few.  the show touched my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good choices for "The Prisoner" and "The Avengers", Rob...

I also liked a lot the main theme of "Street Hawk" (I have no memories of this serie, except this main theme)... It was a good idea to take this piece of Tangerine Dream, I find...

And more recently, I liked a lot the main theme of "Penny Dreadful"...

... and it would do well for any hopeful composer of Music to study these "two-and-a-half minute wonders" m-o-s-t carefully!

Listen to them ... trust me, trust me ... over and over and over again.

Deliverance was a very weird show, dripping with useless stereotypes, but it did have a few very good musical performances ... which, today, are pretty much the only things for which the movie is now remembered.

"Naah, Rob, it was a w-e-i-r-d movie ..."  Probably, IMHO, one that never should have been made at all.  (And, "reckon I can say that," because I live less than a hundred miles from where it was made.) 

Go ahead and try to tell me that "the banjo player in that clip" was anything other than "a very s-t-r-a-n-g-e stereotype of <god-knows-what>." (Even though I think that the actor in question turned in a very-stellar performance ... just watch him go! ... given the very-strange(!) strictures of his character.)  The whole movie was like that.  With the exception of the Protagonist, who (of course) was inserted into "this very-strange situation," I don't think that any of the purported inhabitants of that "very-strange situation" was ever intended to be a real human character.  I frankly think that "the whole movie, from beginning to end, was 'a very cheap shot'" against the actual culture of the area – which the screenwriters apparently made no particular effort to discover in the first place.

The movie-going audience "panned it," and ... IMHO ... good riddance.

I really shouldn't date myself like this.... but I lived in a town that was in the movie at the time. Sylva. I lived somewhere on Memory Lane.... no, but my internet-aided trip down it says I was 1 block S of Main St, NW corner of Jackson and Schulman (but I swear it was Maple St back then; 14 Maple St). I was a just a little pre-Vara, in the first classes as Fairview Elementary, and discovering hard sci-fi and Black Sabbath - both of which have stayed with me to this day. Anyhow, I remember the people in town and in the mountains being a fairly decent and friendly bunch. There may have been evil mutants around, but they would have crossed up the locals somehow, and been dealt with, I'm sure.

• 1 year later...

16 minutes ago, Shanethefilmmaker said:

I always loved that intro, and show. Never used to even consider it "music" when I was little but man, it is, and it's still cool.

Archived