Your Ad Could Be Here

Quiet Ninga- Trust Issues

Hello everyone

This is a track that I recently produced for a friend to rap on.  I would love to hear your thoughts on it

6 minutes ago, Jenn said:

I think around 2:00, there needs to be some kind of deep synth... it started to lose my attention until 2:40.

This was the only instrumental advice I had... I really enjoyed the track honestly.

I think the vocals could be the slightest bit louder and have a little bit more reverb (they are a little dry right now). And I think you could use more space within the mix... try panning instruments out farther apart.. It'll also help create this sort of dreamy vibe you have. 

I think it's a good track as it stands, but I think these little things might give it some extra pop..

Good job :)! 

Thank you for the feedback Jenn I really aperciate it! Listening to it over again I agree with you about the vocals a touch of reverb would have helped bring it to life more. Same with some sort of change up later on in the song. I just ran out of ideas and didn't know what else to do with the beat

Is that you playing keys in the beginning? Very nice riff.

I think that 1:06-1:25 really needs a syncopated beat in the background with the mids and lows cut out, I'm thinking something rising in volume steadily.

I could show you an example: (2:01- 2:17 in this song I linked below) Would add a nice contrast to the drum beat at 2:17 (it would come in with more effect and punch, and make that beat sound more groovy)

I also think at 1:26 You need to switch it up by introducing a variation of that same beat that lasts until the next break at 2:10.

Switch up the snare accents to better match the altered vocal rhythm.  This is just advice from a drummer. 

Don't get me wrong the current beat works, but you need to add some variation in that section and you need to EQ it a bit punchier as this is the core of the song.

Maybe even get the vocalist to increase his dynamics for that section if you want as a trial.

This is just general composition advice though.

Sounds to me like you didn't experiment much with the arrangement so far. Or maybe this guy wants it super simple.

But you do have lots of options to have fun now! So mix it up homie.

I might be stepping out of my league saying this, as you only asked for production advice.

I can't give you any production advice as the mixing and levels are on point :D. I'd personally increase the drums to be a tad loader over-all (like 5%) and maybe the mid's of the vocals by a tad (5%). But hard to tell how that will effect the melody layer. Hope this feedback is of some use to you.. :P 

4 hours ago, Servus said:

Is that you playing keys in the beginning? Very nice riff.

I think that 1:06-1:25 really needs a syncopated beat in the background with the mids and lows cut out, I'm thinking something rising in volume steadily.

I could show you an example: (2:01- 2:17 in this song I linked below) Would add a nice contrast to the drum beat at 2:17 (it would come in with more effect and punch, and make that beat sound more groovy)

I also think at 1:26 You need to switch it up by introducing a variation of that same beat that lasts until the next break at 2:10.

Switch up the snare accents to better match the altered vocal rhythm.  This is just advice from a drummer. 

Don't get me wrong the current beat works, but you need to add some variation in that section and you need to EQ it a bit punchier as this is the core of the song.

Maybe even get the vocalist to increase his dynamics for that section if you want as a trial.

This is just general composition advice though.

Sounds to me like you didn't experiment much with the arrangement so far. Or maybe this guy wants it super simple.

But you do have lots of options to have fun now! So mix it up homie.

I might be stepping out of my league saying this, as you only asked for production advice.

I can't give you any production advice as the mixing and levels are on point :D. I'd personally increase the drums to be a tad loader over-all (like 5%) and maybe the mid's of the vocals by a tad (5%). But hard to tell how that will effect the melody layer. Hope this feedback is of some use to you.. :P 

Thanks Servus I appreciate your feedback a lot! The think with the drums is I sampled them so I only have but so much control over how they turn out. It's hard to mix drum samples because if I do something to the kick I'll also be doing something to the snare that I may not wanna do so it's hard to find a balance at times. I just gotta find more creative ways to do my arrangements when I sample so I won't have this problem in the future. ONce again thank you 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Noob

I enjoyed this one.  I like the vibe and the rapper's flow was executed well.  Overall, if it were me, I would mix and pan items a bit cleaner which was touched upon earlier.  Good job on this one either way.  

• 1 month later...

Archived