Your Ad Could Be Here

10,000 M*****f****s (Jason Mraz Cover) \ Live from one of my tour gigs

• Editors

Hiya guys,

I recently came back from a 2 week tour with a couple of gigs and a bit of vacation time too. I had a gig at one of the better known venues when I got to the country's capital. It was an absolute experience playing there. 

So the venue has this thing called "The Silent Song" which is pretty cool. Basically, at a certain part of the set, the staff of the venue ask the entire audience to stay absolutely quiet for that one song decided by the artist to be "The Silent Song". Bars shut, waiters directed to stop serving and everyone is requested to politely take their conversations outside or stay absolutely silent during this song. Their intention, as they explain is to see the song from the perspective of the artist. And most of the time, it turns out to be the most special part of the set. And to me it was indeed. I decided to do this cover of Jason Mraz for it. I knew it was going to be an intense experience to have a packed house huddled in silence but didn't exactly expect myself choking up. 

But anyways, I thought I'll share it to those who would wander on here :)

Hope you guys are doing well! Cheers and thank you.

P.S John and I have been working on some really exciting stuff for Songstuff. And we're looking forward to making this place much bigger and better. So to reduce the need to create another topic for this, I just wanted to say - thank you! For sticking around and making this place what it is. Can't wait for some upgrades.

• Editors
8 hours ago, Peggy said:

The Silent Song.. very cool experience!

So beautiful and soulful..awesome performance!!

:)

Peggy

Thanks Peggy! 

Yup, the silent song indeed is a cool idea! 

• Editors

Aww, thanks Jenn! It was indeed for me too. Some gigs just go great and this was one of those. 

There's not many venues here that go well with singer songwriters down here. And it does make things easier when the whole audience is tuning in. This was one of those. 

You have a broad scope of expression Mahesh.

Stunning

• Editors
20 hours ago, Rudi said:

You have a broad scope of expression Mahesh.

Stunning

That's very kind of you. Thanks Rudi!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Editors
On 2017-6-22 at 1:16 AM, Rob Ash said:

Smashing performance, Mahesh. That silent song thing sounds like a performer's dream.

Thanks Rob! The silent song is a really cool concept indeed. It's good to see the venue lean take the side of the artist for a change!

Archived