Your Ad Could Be Here

Need Help Deciding

Hello all! 

After a recent discussion I had here yesterday, I've decided I want to kind of baby-step my way to a larger goal. One of these steps is to have 5 of my songs mastered so they sound good for downloading from iTunes and Streaming. Here's where I need your help. I'm not asking people not familiar with my songs to go and listen to them, although it'd be cool if you did. I'm trying to pick 5 songs and I'm not sure which songs are "universal" enough to try. I do know I plan to master my cover of Pick a Pocket, but I am unsure of others. I'm going small due to budget. If I could, I would do about 15 and that would make it an easy choice for me. Since I'm only doing a few, I'd like to have my "what people view as my" best. 

So, if you are familiar with my songs and really like a particular one or two, please let me know what they are. I do know sometimes what I think is a really good song, in reality isn't, so I'm asking for a public opinion. Thanks in advance to anyone that helps. 

Here's a link: https://soundcloud.com/just-1l

There's also this one, Down We Go, not on Soundcloud: https://youtu.be/DtclDRGuFNo

For anyone familiar with others that aren't on Soundcloud or Youtube … damn, that's awesome you remember them so thank you tons.

Randy

You the man Tom! Thank you for the song choices and the suggestions. I will definitely be taking a look at whatever songs I do end up doing and these are good suggestions. I was always iffy on the Trolls song with the verse vocals. But I do like how it appears as screaming to go with the theme. Maybe I should write the lyrics in ALL CAPS!! LOL Thanks again, good luck with the lawn. It'll be cooler out around 5:30 you know. haha

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Rob Ash said:

1. Watershed 128           ...subtle and well written. Timely. A strong tune. Great guitar work.

2. Indigo (revolt) v1     ...that riff! Just a great sound all around. Probably my favorite on this list, although I also like Gone a lot.

3. Rocket Ship     strong performance. great arrangement.

4. Gone               Great riff. Contemporary sound on the guitar. Great beat and drive.

You could throw darts Randy. I apologize, but I had no idea your catalog was so strong.

Thanks a lot Rob. Your input is very much appreciated and thanks for the kind comment. :thumbsup2:

Edited by Just1L

On 15/06/2017 at 7:47 PM, Just1L said:

Hello all! 

After a recent discussion I had here yesterday, I've decided I want to kind of baby-step my way to a larger goal. One of these steps is to have 5 of my songs mastered so they sound good for downloading from iTunes and Streaming. Here's where I need your help. I'm not asking people not familiar with my songs to go and listen to them, although it'd be cool if you did. I'm trying to pick 5 songs and I'm not sure which songs are "universal" enough to try. I do know I plan to master my cover of Pick a Pocket, but I am unsure of others. I'm going small due to budget. If I could, I would do about 15 and that would make it an easy choice for me. Since I'm only doing a few, I'd like to have my "what people view as my" best. 

So, if you are familiar with my songs and really like a particular one or two, please let me know what they are. I do know sometimes what I think is a really good song, in reality isn't, so I'm asking for a public opinion. Thanks in advance to anyone that helps. 

Here's a link: https://soundcloud.com/just-1l

There's also this one, Down We Go, not on Soundcloud: https://youtu.be/DtclDRGuFNo

For anyone familiar with others that aren't on Soundcloud or Youtube … damn, that's awesome you remember them so thank you tons.

Randy

Hi Randy, I'm not sure if your budget for mastering all 5 songs would stretch to $250 but if so I would like to put you in touch with a friend of mine who likes to help artists. He has mastered songs for all the artists and bands below: Message me if you require contact.

U2 – Invisible (Superbowl Edit 2014)
U2 – U22 – Live Double Album (360 World Tour)
U2 – From The Ground Up – Album (360 World Tour)
U2 – Breathe (Acoustic Version For Nelson Mandela ‘Miracle Rising’ Documentary)

THE ROLLING STONES – Archive Music And Testimonials from Johnny Depp,

KATY PERRY – The One That Got Away

LANA DEL REY – Westcoast (Favela Remix – Polydor Official)

PAUL WELLER – The Poacher

NICOLE SCHERZINGER – Try With Me

NOEL GALLAGHER – Here Come The Nice

DAMIEN RICE – One

THE KILLERS – Ultraviolet

PATTI SMITH – Until The End Of The World

SNOW PATROL – Mysterious Ways

PIXIES – Baal’s Back (2016 Album)

DEPECHE MODE – So Cruel

TOPLOADER – Seeing Stars (2017 Album)

BOWIESONGS1 – David Bowie Piano Project By Clifford Slapper (Endorsed By Harry Maslin, Mike Garson)
JACK WHITE – Love Is Blindness
Martin Scorsese, Iggy Pop etc..

LA LA LAND – City Of Stars

THUNDER – Wonder Days (Top 10 Album)
LINKIN PARK – Lost In The Echo
NINE INCH NAILS – Zoo Station
BRIAN AUGER – Anthology (featuring ROD STEWART and JIMMY PAGE)

SCISSOR SISTERS – Invisible Light
ALESHA DIXON / DAME VERA LYNN – We’ll Meet Again

DONKEY KONG (curtasy of Hobo Sage) :helpsmilie:

Edited by Ray888
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, HoboSage said:

If you don't put Donkey Kong on it, I will hunt you down and slap you! :)

And then, I'll run.

Hey David, I missed a lot of other artists and bands out Lol, he's a great guy and anyone who has been on Songstuff for a while and posesses proven integrity and is looking for radio ready masters are welcome to ask me for his contact details. Please note that I will not be giving out his contact details willy nilly.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HoboSage said:

And then, I'll run.

Done it [smiley=acoustic.gif]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoboSage said:

And then, I'll run.

2 hours ago, Ray888 said:

Done it [smiley=acoustic.gif]

:) Double Dog LOL

• Like 1

Donkey Kong is the best song... it should/could become a classic. 

I like Rocket Ship a lot, and I think that one will benefit most from a remix/mastering... I think it could be fantastic.

I think Indigo is great too. 

That's my top 3. 

On June 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM, HoboSage said:

And then, I'll run.

At my age, a brisk walk will suffice. haha

Thanks Dave.

22 hours ago, MonoStone said:

Donkey Kong is the best song... it should/could become a classic. 

I like Rocket Ship a lot, and I think that one will benefit most from a remix/mastering... I think it could be fantastic.

I think Indigo is great too. 

That's my top 3. 

Thanks Dek. Surprising about the Donkey Kong song. If ever I had a tune where you had to dig deep with the lyrics, this is the one. Much appreciated.

On 26/06/2017 at 5:19 PM, Ray888 said:

Hi Randy, I'm not sure if your budget for mastering all 5 songs would stretch to $250 but if so I would like to put you in touch with a friend of mine who likes to help artists. He has mastered songs for all the artists and bands below: Message me if you require contact.

U2 – Invisible (Superbowl Edit 2014)
U2 – U22 – Live Double Album (360 World Tour)
U2 – From The Ground Up – Album (360 World Tour)
U2 – Breathe (Acoustic Version For Nelson Mandela ‘Miracle Rising’ Documentary)

THE ROLLING STONES – Archive Music And Testimonials from Johnny Depp,

KATY PERRY – The One That Got Away

LANA DEL REY – Westcoast (Favela Remix – Polydor Official)

PAUL WELLER – The Poacher

NICOLE SCHERZINGER – Try With Me

NOEL GALLAGHER – Here Come The Nice

DAMIEN RICE – One

THE KILLERS – Ultraviolet

PATTI SMITH – Until The End Of The World

SNOW PATROL – Mysterious Ways

PIXIES – Baal’s Back (2016 Album)

DEPECHE MODE – So Cruel

TOPLOADER – Seeing Stars (2017 Album)

BOWIESONGS1 – David Bowie Piano Project By Clifford Slapper (Endorsed By Harry Maslin, Mike Garson)
JACK WHITE – Love Is Blindness
Martin Scorsese, Iggy Pop etc..

LA LA LAND – City Of Stars

THUNDER – Wonder Days (Top 10 Album)
LINKIN PARK – Lost In The Echo
NINE INCH NAILS – Zoo Station
BRIAN AUGER – Anthology (featuring ROD STEWART and JIMMY PAGE)

SCISSOR SISTERS – Invisible Light
ALESHA DIXON / DAME VERA LYNN – We’ll Meet Again

DONKEY KONG (curtasy of Hobo Sage) :helpsmilie:

Hi Ray - I know who this is and I have his website bookmarked as my first choice for mastering my tracks when I get to that stage. He does different rates for unsigned / signed and big labels. Really good prices for unsigned artists.

• Like 1

Yes, he does a special price for my label at $39 per song but he has had a few independant artists try to obtain the same price from him. He charges $50 per song to independant artists which is a snip for a person of his credentials. There's always some that will try to take advantage of his kindness.

He will do a great job on your songs.

Edited by Ray888
  • Like 1