Ray888

Pro-Lyricist seeking great melody composers for co-writes

Ray888    176

If you can compose a great melody I can craft a great lyric for it.

Pop ballads a speciality but also work with other genres including Rock and Rn'B.

http://www.midaskingproductions.com

Edited by Ray888
  • Like 1

vladimir    34

Richard Tracey    289
On 18/06/2017 at 6:49 PM, Ray888 said:

If you can compose a great melody I can craft a great lyric for it.

Pop ballads a speciality but also work with other genres including Rock and Rn'B.

http://www.midaskingproductions.com

Ray, do you have lyrics to post? Sometimes that can evoke a sense of how the song should feel. If you look at Servus's recent post "Not Good Enough" (in Lyrics section). I composed a quick track based on reading his lyric.

I am actually going to use the music for myself and was looking to compose a lyric in the same way he did, but I was going to change it to be something like how the media and big companies dictate what we should like/listen to/watch/wear etc and I was looking to do it in a kind of Visage style.

If you want to have a listen and think you could do something like that, then it could be an interesting collaboration.

Richard

Ray888    176
1 hour ago, Richard Tracey said:

Ray, do you have lyrics to post? Sometimes that can evoke a sense of how the song should feel. If you look at Servus's recent post "Not Good Enough" (in Lyrics section). I composed a quick track based on reading his lyric.

I am actually going to use the music for myself and was looking to compose a lyric in the same way he did, but I was going to change it to be something like how the media and big companies dictate what we should like/listen to/watch/wear etc and I was looking to do it in a kind of Visage style.

If you want to have a listen and think you could do something like that, then it could be an interesting collaboration.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for taking the trouble to introduce yourself (I only respond to those that do). I used to craft lyrics cold but found that some composers didn't always translate the feeling of the lyric so I now mainly craft lyrics to melodies. I find that if a music arrangement and melody inspires me I instinctively know what the subject matter of the song should be. I don't need a full arrangement, Just a guitar or piano with either a La La'd , Synthetic saxophone, or lead guitar melody would suffice. That way, if a co-writer is not happy with what I craft they are not obligated to continue with that particular collaboration. As long as I believe a song to be commercially viable to either release, pitch to mainstream or independent artists or for Film or television I'm open to working with it.

I will have a listen to the track you have pointed out and I will also have a listen to your voice and some of the songs via your links.

Kind regards, Ray

• Like 1

Ray888    176

Hi Richard,

I listened to your instrumental tracks but as I only write to melody nowadays it was difficult to tell if I could be inspired by any of them. 

I listened to "Midnight Hour" and although the hook was cliched inasmuch as it was used in a well known song back in the sixties, I found it interesting.

Lyrically I would have prefered it to be more personalised by turning the "You" into "I" and working from that perspective because it could be much stronger but thats just my personal view. Listening to the vocal it was difficult to ascertain your vocal range being that the melody didn't stretch it. 

Do you have any other songs that can illustrate your vocal range?

Kind regards, Ray

Richard Tracey    289
7 minutes ago, Ray888 said:

Hi Richard,

I listened to your instrumental tracks but as I only write to melody nowadays it was difficult to tell if I could be inspired by any of them. 

I listened to "Midnight Hour" and although the hook was cliched inasmuch as it was used in a well known song back in the sixties, I found it interesting.

Lyrically I would have prefered it to be more personalised by turning the "You" into "I" and working from that perspective because it could be much stronger but thats just my personal view. Listening to the vocal it was difficult to ascertain your vocal range being that the melody didn't stretch it. 

Do you have any other songs that can illustrate your vocal range?

Kind regards, Ray

'Cheers Ray.

I'm still trying to get my vocal range back to how it used to be, but there are a few tracks I have posted here, that might highlight it, although they are normally guide vocals and have a couple of pitch issues.

Midnight Hour is not a good vocal performance and I was never happy with it. I don't know which instrumental tracks you listened to, but if it is the ones I put up for collab, they might be difficult to work out a lyric for, as I know I was never happy with them.

If you search for Talking To Spiders / The Girl With The Flower In Her Hair / Beyond The Veil / Heroes / I Know as these are a few of my newer tracks I have been working on.

I have a track I started that is very basic and instrumental at the moment, but again this is one I was never happy with the lyrical ideas I came up with. I have never posted this one and never done anything else with it since I wrote the music, but I feel there is a nice song waiting to come out of it.

Ray888    176
1 hour ago, Richard Tracey said:

'Cheers Ray.

I'm still trying to get my vocal range back to how it used to be, but there are a few tracks I have posted here, that might highlight it, although they are normally guide vocals and have a couple of pitch issues.

Midnight Hour is not a good vocal performance and I was never happy with it. I don't know which instrumental tracks you listened to, but if it is the ones I put up for collab, they might be difficult to work out a lyric for, as I know I was never happy with them.

If you search for Talking To Spiders / The Girl With The Flower In Her Hair / Beyond The Veil / Heroes / I Know as these are a few of my newer tracks I have been working on.

I have a track I started that is very basic and instrumental at the moment, but again this is one I was never happy with the lyrical ideas I came up with. I have never posted this one and never done anything else with it since I wrote the music, but I feel there is a nice song waiting to come out of it.

Hi Richard, The songs that I listened to which didn't have melodies were "Electronic genre".  Please be aware that I am so under the cosh at the moment writing with a number of people so I don't have much time to search for songs on songstuff. If you think anything will grab my attention you can send them in "A folder" to ray@midaskingproductions.com With your name on it and I will be able to listen to each of them whenever I get a break. I hope that is OK with you?

Regards, Ray