Your Ad Could Be Here

New Hip-hop track looking for feedback

• Noob

I finally finished writing and producing my first solo track. This song is about the societal pressures that both men and women face when it comes to love. Men pressured to get with as many women as possible and women avoiding promiscuity for the fear of being slut shamed and the dichotomy of both of those working against each other. Let me know what you think good, bad, or indifferent. 

Just to let you know that the rules here are that you critique 2 or 3 others before you post something yourself for critique.

I suggest that you read them so that you won't be viewed as a spammer. People on Songstuff don't generally give a critique if you haven't followed the rules.

I also suggest that you introduce yourself on the appropriate page so that members can welcome you.

• Noob

Wow, what a review! Thank you for so much for the detailed critique and very sound advice. I'm fairly new to singing as well as producing/mixing so this info is very valuable to me. I kinda knew the chorus needed some help I just wasn't sure exactly what especially after listening to it for so long it kinda became what it was. But having some fresh ears on it has definitely given me a new perspective. Thank you again for taking the time out to listen and give such a good critique I'll take it back in and work out some of those kinks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like the subject matter it's a breath of fresh air from what most rap is these days. So yeah i think the lyrics are great and I like the chorus. Nothing really to critique for me it's great espescailly since its your first solo track

• 2 months later...
  • Noob

It's your boy 6-7 I think you shoulda had a female with a soft voice sing the hook trust me it would take your track  to another  level but good job 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Noob

i like the beat.. the vocal quality is good... the rapping is pretty good.. on beat.. flow and delivery is nice... lyrics are cool... the hook needs some work with the mixing... i agree with the guy who said the dubs on the hook are not lined up perfect and the result is not the best sound... i would fix up the singing on the hook.. maybe add some harmonies in etc...

but overall this is a cool song.. def good for your first track.

keep it up.

Archived