Your Ad Could Be Here

I drum with my teeth!

So I was getting interested in a thread recently started about how you start writing your songs right?  I'm thinking about how my process really is kinda nuts, cause I'll even hear the drum parts in my head while I'm mapping out harmonies and background parts, and I was like "how do I hold all that together?"  And I started trying to do it to analyze it right?  Just imagining a song like that?  Suddenly it hits me, I have ALWAYS drummed with my teeth!  Like... the front two teeth together make a "kick drum" sound, clamping down the back teeth make a "snare" sound, then by shifting and grinding all the inbetweens I can make "toms".  And I'm actually GOOD AT IT!!  Like seriously, I've done this my whole life, never really analyzed it but that's WEIRD isn't it??  Do any of you do guys do it?  

I mean I was trying to "see what I could do on the tooth drums" and I can do fast triplets and fills and break beats and like... anything hahahaha we need a tiny mic to put in my mouth so I can share this wondrous gift with the world!  I GOTZ BEATS IN MY TEETHS

Mic that mouth mother drummer. 

Just now, Just1L said:

Mic that mouth mother drummer. 

For a little while I was trying to figure out if there might be a way haha

It would make quite an impact if you could play a fill.
Thats my impression anyway.

Just now, Rudi said:

It would make quite an impact if you could play a fill.
Thats my impression anyway.

Not sure this is what you're getting at, but do you mean that you could see something like that being you know... internet gold or whatever?  Cause when I think about it, people eat weird stuff like that up... maybe it IS worth seeing how tiny a wireless mic can get lol

Dang it!!  I'm better than this guy at it hahaha!! But he's still pretty good so it kind of makes it useless for me to put the effort into doing it.... hahaha not really what I wanted to be known for anyway

The reverb part

1 hour ago, tunesmithth said:

As one might expect, it's already been done...fills included ;).

Do you need cavities to obtain that reverb Tom? If so, how do you have both cavities and fills?

Just now, Rudi said:

The reverb part

Do you need cavities to obtain that reverb Tom? If so, how do you have both cavities and fills?

Rudi............ that was classic.  [smiley=acoustic.gif]

1 hour ago, symphonious7 said:

Dang it!!  I'm better than this guy at it hahaha!! But he's still pretty good so it kind of makes it useless for me to put the effort into doing it.... hahaha not really what I wanted to be known for anyway

You cant back down now man. We expect a molar solo!

I WILL BE VICTORIOUS....

hehe after watching what he did it made sense, I was thinking like... I'd have to find a mic I could put in my mouth, he's got one that's getting the vibrations through his chin/neck area.... just makes it seem like it's not that difficult, I might really try to make a video for this, I doubt there are a ton of us tooth drummers out there.  

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Rob Ash said:

Rudi, do you ever sigh in mild exasperation when nobody gets your jokes?

"Impression"... indeed.

a FILL!!!!!!!  DERP!

On 7/27/2017 at 2:38 AM, Rob Ash said:

Rudi, do you ever sigh in mild exasperation when nobody gets your jokes?

"Impression"... indeed.

Always grateful for your impacted wisdom there Rob.

Just now, Rudi said:

Always grateful for your impacted wisdom there Rob.

I just don't get what makes you you yet Rudi, it'll happen in time ;)  

Archived