• Announcements

• Songstuff

New Chat App   06/02/2017

We have a new chat app available. You will need to sign up for it. You can pick up the invite link at the top of your member hub page:   http://forums.songstuff.com/member/hub/   Remember to use your Songstuff registered email and user name when you sign up! Using the invite link will automatically add you to the Songstuff chat channel.
symphonious7

Simplify me, Override me (Thank you Jesus)

symphonious7    117

I'm putting this song in the showcase section instead of the critique section cause I'm just pretty happy with it now.  Mixed the crap out of it, added a bunch of parts.  I'll put the lyrics in this time. 

I got to take some time to offer thanks, 
for the way you got me out of that deplorable state,
I really think your Word is just so fine,
I only want to know I'm doing what is truly right,
And if I take my eye off of your face,
I run the risk of missing out on what you're trying to say,
You always speak when my mind is in an honest place,
And give me water from the fountain that is flowing with grace,
And if I could just take a second or two,
To offer up my services in total honor of you,
Because I think your ways are super magic and cool,
And I am so inadequate I'm just a worm and a tool,

Simplify me, (Thank you Yahweh)
Override me (You sent us Jesus)

So if you find it in your heart to do this one crazy thing,
Please force my hand and make my heart become the way it should be, 
Cause even if it hurts it's still gonna be worth it to me,
To learn to fight to help these captives become finally free,
But see that means that I gotta be free myself,
And so I can't hold onto habits that would keep me in hell,
So I forgive everybody for everything,
It's really easy when I recognize how awful I've been,

Now I'm not saying I don't welcome any criticism, I'm just not seeking it.  I'm quite happy with this, I know it ain't perfect but I'm tired of messing with it and it makes me really happy now every time I listen so... that's what I wanted :)  

Edited by symphonious7

Just1L    902

So is the arrogant side of you not going to let us HEAR it?? LOL

• Like 1

symphonious7    117
2 minutes ago, Just1L said:

So is the arrogant side of you not going to let us HEAR it?? LOL

HAHAHAHAHA that killed me, it should be fixed!

• Like 1

Just1L    902

I like your style. Reminds me a bit of Jack White. I do see why you are happy with it. I know you weren't looking for criticism but I have to say just one thing. There are too many spots where you can't make out what you're saying. If I didn't see the lyrics, I wouldn't have a clue. Now, that in and of itself could be okay and kind of cool with the style, but even having it like that my ears and mind need a break. And the chorus is where I think that should happen. 

Sounds great but I think the words here really need to be clear so a listener could sing a long. I don't know how many songs I've listened to that I didn't know what the lyrics were but that didn't keep me from listening to it because when the chorus came, I could sing along with that. Then go back to singing what I know, humming and trying to figure to the rest during the verses and what-not. 

Great energy and overall I really like it.

• Like 2

symphonious7    117

I really hear you on that, I do, I've been tinkering with those vocals and resinging them for over a month trying to do something about it, but the part was hard for me to get at all, plus I was really having trouble with confidence back then, I feel like.... I just need to leave this one, get some feedback, get a little more confidence since I'm not just messing with everything, and my theory is my songs and mixes will just keep getting better and better.  But you're not wrong, what I wanted from that chorus was very different than what I got, but I can live with it. :)

symphonious7    117

omg omg omg omg omg omg I listened to the song later right?  Your post is going through my head, it CLICKS, I go BACK to the controls, mess around with some stuff on the chorus vocals???!!!  omg omg omg omg thanks for that dude, will repost when ready....

• Like 1

When I read this, I thought "Whoo! That's a lot of lyrics there", but then I listened and oh! This is so fun!  It breathes personality .  I love how you use your voice, love the claps, the rhythm, the guitar.  It's a move your body song--I can see why it has the effect on you that it does!  It has that affect on me, too!  What's more is that it is a totally unique sound for the message it contains--which adds a dimension of feel-good for me as well since I have a personal identification in my memory of that exact euphoria that comes with being reborn through the reading of His words and being baptized in His Spirit. Excellent!

symphonious7    117
13 hours ago, Pahchisme Plaid said:

When I read this, I thought "Whoo! That's a lot of lyrics there", but then I listened and oh! This is so fun!  It breathes personality .  I love how you use your voice, love the claps, the rhythm, the guitar.  It's a move your body song--I can see why it has the effect on you that it does!  It has that affect on me, too!  What's more is that it is a totally unique sound for the message it contains--which adds a dimension of feel-good for me as well since I have a personal identification in my memory of that exact euphoria that comes with being reborn through the reading of His words and being baptized in His Spirit. Excellent!

Hehehehe I'm resinging the vocals to get them to pop more, it's sounding even better now, hopefully will get them done today, and yeah your comment just made my day, this is exactly the reaction I'm wanting from the christian community, thank you so much!  

• Like 1

Keep me updated when this is ready for sharing.  I'd very much like to share it with the young adults in my life.  I think they would love it!

• Like 1

starise    366

I second the Jack White comparison. Great stuff. What are you doing with this? Are you playing out with your stuff? 

You have the kind of energy it takes to go out there with a band and tear it up :)

I think just a mastering on this would do it. I wouldn't change a thing, keep that rough rock vibe it has.

• Like 1

symphonious7    117
52 minutes ago, starise said:

I second the Jack White comparison. Great stuff. What are you doing with this? Are you playing out with your stuff? 

You have the kind of energy it takes to go out there with a band and tear it up :)

I think just a mastering on this would do it. I wouldn't change a thing, keep that rough rock vibe it has.

It's kind of hard to explain, but I feel like I've been being prepared for a long time for this.  So my life has consisted of deepening my relationship with God and learning more and more about the pitfalls of greed and lust etc.  So I really have just started to actually try to do something, my current goal?  Just make about 7 recordings I really reeeally like enough to be excited to show/sell.  I think just getting real feedback helps, I'm... a person who HAS played out in the past, but I've been secluding myself for many years and I'm rusty to both music and life right now.   Kinda relearning everything, singing is difficult as I've developed mic phobia but once again, talking to people, sharing my material, it all helps :)   I also have never made truly christian music before, tried to hide behind "positive" music, I just recently felt lead to really merge my sound with a truly christian message, that's also new and exciting but a little... getting used to it.  

I feel like a time bomb waiting to go off really.  No plan, just following wherever the spirit leads....