Richard Tracey

The Other Half Of Me (work in progress)

Richard Tracey    252

Hi all.

Okay, I said I wasn't going to start any other tracks (that was blown about 2 minutes after I posted that!!), but I started this one today and I'm just looking for feedback on what is there so far. There are only 5 tracks and a vocal so far and the lyrics are duplicated for the second part, as I wanted to try and sing it slightly different to see which I preferred.

I won't be able to get anywhere near the studio for a couple of weeks (feeling withdrawl already), but I am hoping to start picking songs to work on for an album, so that should start to focus me.

Anyway, any critique is much appreciated.

Cheers

Richard

https://soundcloud.com/moodman-1/the-other-half-of-me-14072017-1907/s-OdqPK

THE OTHER HALF OF ME (music and lyrics by Richard Tracey)

As the day turns into night

As the clock is ticking

I know our time has come

All that we were meant to be

How we find each other

I know we are our destiny

And as we hold each other tight

I know we’ll have tonight

Before our lives will fade away

To search for another day

Cause you are

The other half of me

Cause you are 

The other half of me

Just1L    904

I couldn't give it the good solid listen that I should, at work, but it definitely sounded like something worth keeping with to me.  Not sure where you are to where you can't record, but enjoy. 

• Like 1

I like what you have so far, especially the chorus. Not sure what else to comment on, seeing as it's a work in progress. (At the moment the most obvious things are that it's missing an intro, possibly a bridge, and the drums are too quiet and sparse). Putting together an album sounds like a great goal!

• Like 1

Richard Tracey    252
1 hour ago, Just1L said:

I couldn't give it the good solid listen that I should, at work, but it definitely sounded like something worth keeping with to me.  Not sure where you are to where you can't record, but enjoy. 

'Cheers Randy... I quite like this one, so hope others see the potential.

Away on hols for a couple of weeks, so no access to the studio.

Richard Tracey    252
18 minutes ago, Will Sketches said:

I like what you have so far, especially the chorus. Not sure what else to comment on, seeing as it's a work in progress. (At the moment the most obvious things are that it's missing an intro, possibly a bridge, and the drums are too quiet and sparse). Putting together an album sounds like a great goal!

Cheers Will - yeah, it needs an intro and bridge and a bit more instrumentation. The drums will be changed up a bit when I get back, as I only had about an hour earlier and wanted to get the vocal idea done so I wouldn't forget it.

I am going to ask for the members opinion re which tracks to work on. I will compile a playlist of the tracks I think are furthest along and post it up in a couple of weeks, so hope you can have a listen then.

snabbu    436

Looking at lyric and melody only at this stage.

What you have so far is a good start. I would like to hear bit more definition between the parts.

I think that is a rhythm / groove thing that need to do the variation.

Cheers

Gary

• Like 1

I remember that extended piano intro that you had used in the spider song (please excuse me for not remembering the exact title)... it sounded lovely. This song reads like a ballad and you'd probably like to sing it like a ballad... piano pieces would fit well here, I think. The synth sounds a little loud in the current arrangement.

There were some small portions where the tempo and your singing were not matching.... but I guess you're figuring things out at this initial stage.

Wish you all the best with your album.. sounds exciting!

• Like 1