Your Ad Could Be Here

I'm only a health nut as far as I have to be.  I have to work at it and I'm not very good at it.  When I was in my 20s & 30's I loved a good kickboxing workout and yes--had the endorphins (had to stop due to shin splints).  Can't physically handle that anymore.  I just started jogging with my daughter last night. Telephone poles--walked two, ran two (one sometimes). Thought my lungs were gonna explode!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Just1L said:

I remember doing a double-take when I saw the guy from the Oak Ridge Boys that sang the Giddy up oom poppa omm poppa mow mow part. Never would of guessed it was that guy. I've done a little of the visualization thing but really never for the actual person who's singing. I always visualize whatever it is I'm taking from the song, not who's playing or singing it. 

I had to check that out on YouTube--had to sift through a more modern version to find it.  Elvira!  Ha! That guy has a voice like a lumberjack, but he's the smallest guy in the group--no beard, clean shaven, all-American apple pie appearance.  I imagined him bearded and massive. 😜

4 minutes ago, Pahchisme Plaid said:

I had to check that out on YouTube--had to sift through a more modern version to find it.  Elvira!  Ha! That guy has a voice like a lumberjack, but he's the smallest guy in the group--no beard, clean shaven, all-American apple pie appearance.  I imagined him bearded and massive. 😜

I had to bite after everybody was doing it.  That guy doesn't even look like he's in the band, he looks like he owns the club they're singing at and just fills in on baritone sometimes lol

So what do people here look like based on their voices?  

Clearly Richard looks almost exactly like Midge Ure  ... What does everyone else look like?

1 minute ago, MonoStone said:

Clearly Richard looks almost exactly like Midge Ure  ... What does everyone else look like?

That is a GREAT question, but I dont know people's voices enough, I think peeps should just start posting songs and then we all put our guesses hahahahaha

Just now, Jenn said:

@MonoStone... I picture you as Orlando Weeks from The Maccabees because that's the music I think of

@symphonious7 You remind me of the guy from Perfume Genius.. for the same reason 

Oh man I looked him up that just cuts like a knife like right in my heart, and you know why??  Cause I can see WHY you think that *DEATH BLOW*  *falls dramatically*....  

Lol but yeah when I said that I thought "People are gonna pick women with me.....  and very very effeminate men...." yyyyep!  lmao  I'm totally exaggerating btw, I just think it's funny haha

2 minutes ago, Jenn said:

this happens to me...........mostly vocals and strings for me too i think though

and other things that i can't really explain

synesthesia of sorts? 

That's the word I couldn't think of.  I still get it quite frequently but I can't turn it on or off, it takes a special sort of... mindset or... state I'm in, and honestly I think it's part of what makes it so hard for me to mix!  I'm focusing on shapes not thinking about feels.  

Just now, Jenn said:

For me, the shapes/colors are only when I have my eyes closed. But when they're open, I do completely zone out and can't really focus on much of anything else. I also get a weird feeling... 

With my eyes closed, it's almost like lucid dreaming.. without being asleep. 

But I can "see" where everything is and where is fits when mixing.. it's all very physical I guess

Though I've never considered myself to have that s-word thingy

You know I literally like NEVER close my eyes when  I mix, I'm gonna try that!

1 minute ago, Jenn said:

For me, the shapes/colors are only when I have my eyes closed

This is normal... seeing them with your eyes open means you're tripping. 

Just now, MonoStone said:

This is normal... seeing them with your eyes open means you're tripping. 

I knew that's what it was...

5 minutes ago, symphonious7 said:

I'm focusing on shapes not thinking about feels

Just don't turn on the stereo when you're driving!!! Or try mixing without mushrooms.

4 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

Just don't turn on the stereo when you're driving!!! Or try mixing without mushrooms.

All those tutorials I watched, all the advice I was given, all those years cranking away at the controls, no one's ever brought this thought to my attention.  Maybe my problem is the mushrooms.

HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Jenn said:

can't mix without those portobellos though... it's the secret ingredient 

They do make good headphones... Use celery as the headband between them. 

1 minute ago, MonoStone said:

They do make good headphones... Use celery as the headband between them. 

Yeah but I don't like the way they sound.  Too starchy...

2 minutes ago, symphonious7 said:

Yeah but I don't like the way they sound.  Too starchy...

Well yeah... obviously not the pro choice. Trevor Horn has always used shiitake, and will only use egg noodle for the chord, never spaghetti.... but we can't all have pro gear can we.

10 minutes ago, Jenn said:

you sure you havent been mushroom foraging lately???? 

I'm not seeing shapes coming out of my monitors...

2 hours ago, MonoStone said:

I don't know who Midge Ure is, but going by "voice" minus what I've learned from his bio (indicating a little more age than my image based on his voice).  Going by vocals on Charon, Here goes:  long banged jet black hair short in the back, covering half the face in the front, pale skin, thin, skinny jeans maybe high top black sneakers white t-shirt black oversized leather jacket. Grunge look😜

• 5 months later...
On 10/08/2017 at 2:02 AM, Pahchisme Plaid said:

I don't know who Midge Ure is, but going by "voice" minus what I've learned from his bio (indicating a little more age than my image based on his voice).  Going by vocals on Charon, Here goes:  long banged jet black hair short in the back, covering half the face in the front, pale skin, thin, skinny jeans maybe high top black sneakers white t-shirt black oversized leather jacket. Grunge look😜

How the hell did I miss this post.!!!!

Can't believe you don't know who Midge Ure is.... and the description was wrong on every point. Not even when I was younger did I look like, or want to look like that;)

On 10/08/2017 at 12:19 AM, MonoStone said:

Ha ha - I wish.. 

I have just came across this topic and post, so apologies.

All in good fun, @Richard Tracey.  I'll have to re-vamp the image.  Here goes....six pack, dirty blond, crew cut, five o'clock shadow, smokey, dark eyes, lightweight flannel pajama bottoms and a white T-shirt with a pack of cigarettes rolled up in the sleeve--Oh is that James Dean without the jeans?

Archived