Your Ad Could Be Here

Website

Hi all - I would be obliged if you could have a look at

https://www.richardtraceymusic.com/

and let me know what you think so far. This is the trial version at the moment, but I am looking for feedback on how it looks before I start paying a monthly subscription and change it over to my proper domain name.

There is not a lot there at the moment, but if you can navigate around and let me know if everything looks okay I would be much obliged.

Cheers in advance.

Richard

Hi Richard, it prompts for a square space login. Maybe a setting? Development mode access or similar?

According to their help, sites are live by default. I.e. It must be a change you made

No I tried it on the iPad and it said trial was not viewable by the public. I have subscribed and can view it on the iPad just now so it should work.

Nope. Still getting the register / log in screen

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206536837-Is-my-site-live-

but I don't see your site, or captcha. Just a prompt to log in or create a square space site

It might be the same problem I had when trying to view my wordpress site when I was on 4g, it took about a day before it showed up. I can see it as I am on the same wireless connection.

I have now linked my www.richardtraceymusic.com domain name, but it can take up to 24 hours to change over.

I have just tried the www.richardtraceymusic.com site and it has changed over now. I wonder if that would work for you.

Damn, MySpace I'll never live that down.

At the moment it is the pic from a draft EP cover, as I haven't worked out the visuals for the site yet. 

The 2 heads are a play on the lyric of the song I posted earlier (if you weren't black balling me you could have a listen;)) and I just thought it was a nice visual.

I still haven't decided whether to do the visuals myself or outsource it - I have been looking on fiverr.com recently, so might go that route to see what they can come up with.

I'm also in 2 minds re a producer to help pull all this together, as I am unable to sit at the computer without thinking up other ideas for songs.

I have set myself a deadline of the end of October for the EP, so need to get my finger out now.

• Like 1

Just now, Sreyashi Mukherjee said:

David's able to view the website details? I'm still directed to the login page.

Try the

www.richardtraceymusic.com

site. I think the square space one is for me to login and make changes.

2 minutes ago, tunesmithth said:

That works Richard....unfortunately short on time now, but I'll check back later.

https://www.richardtraceymusic.com/

Glad to see it's working... thanks

Yep all working.  It'll be interesting to see how it evolves :)

I'm checking on my phone. First draft looks decent,  though the newsfeed fonts look oddly big to me. We'll get a better idea when you load more matter. To me, there's some confusion regarding the name you're referring yourself with. Are you Richard Tracey or Little Monuments of Jigsaw Sequence? Perhaps just limit these to two names - one being the self/band name and the other the name of the album/EP?

The play button doesn't seem to work on the music page, that's the main thing I think needs attention.

Good to see you making a website. 

The menu when it's over the two headed picture is too hard to see....and that's the landing page so it's even more important. It's just because the colour is too like the two-head image and the menu is over that.

The Richard Tracey Music logo is also very hard to see (I am currently viewing in safari on a mac and that logo is over the two-head cover art which is in similar colours...so it all gets a bit jumbled and hidden... maybe it looks different in other browsers/platforms)

If I surfed in and just found the site I suppose I wouldn't really get to know who you (or the artist 'you') are. And I can't say what you should do...just what I'd want to know. I think I'd like to land on the music first because it's all really about the music...so the home page should have at least one track which either auto-plays or makes it very easy and enticing for me to click a play button.... and then....after that.... I'd like to be able to navigate (with clearer menu) to pages which tell me about you in few words and more images..... so...

-- home page with music instantly available (maybe even auto playing, but that can bug some people) and some imagery that just gives me the whole vibe of who this Richard Tracey artist is.

... an 'about' page - With a photo (done in a way that shows you as the artist, with a vibe to suit your music) and a few words about you the artist ....

... another link to further tracks and videos

--- a contact page

-- and, if you can keep it up, a blog style section to read/hear/see what you're up to day to day or week to week...

-- also links to social media and perhaps Soundcloud or similar IF you don't plan to put your entire works on the site.

I think the overall art and design style could also just give me more of vibe to fit the music but that's all a matter of taste and I think a few simple edits will help a lot, such as those I suggested.

At risk of being waaay toooo cheeky, but meant in a friendly way... shouldn't you finish a song first (ducking emoticon) ;)  

• Like 1

I can see it.  Not sure at this point if you still needed to know that. This is still in the development stages, right?  Do you have different font options--style, color, sizes? I'm not sure how these things work.

Thanks for all the comments so far. 

I have updated the site again today. Made the home page image bigger so that there isn't a white border, which was causing an issue and why the colours of the menu were the way they were. They are now white to stand out better.

I have updated the music section and added some work in progress instrumental electronic tracks and the promo cover for the album I was going to do. The link for playing the music now works as there are tracks to listen to.

I will be adding some new stuff over the coming week or so - an About page etc. I don't normally like talking about myself as I don't want to come over all 'look at me, how cool am I", but I suppose it needs something like that.

If there are any other suggestions, please let me know.

I am still debating about whether to have music playing when you load up the site.