Your Ad Could Be Here

Website

Just now, Pahchisme Plaid said:

It Does, Richard, and that's a good thing.  I was agreeing with HoboSage in the event you might be tempted to go a different direction.  You have very warm commentary there.  It does need to be edited to put you in your best light and to shorten it a bit (attention spans), but you're headed in the right direction, I think.

I wanted to get a bit in about SongStuff. I might think about putting that somewhere else.

3 hours ago, dislocatedlove said:

Richard,
Web Designer here - if you do purchase your secondary domain name and hook up hosting, i'd be happy to help you with something provided i could put my company link in the footer :)

Well, I better not ask what you think of my first attempt then....

I had thought if I buy another domain, I would just switch it over with this and keep the RTM domain till later.

Any tips you can give would be much appreciated and I would be more than happy to link to you.

1 minute ago, Richard Tracey said:

I wanted to get a bit in about SongStuff. I might think about putting that somewhere else.

Richard, if you can send me a copy of it, I can make some suggestions/edits with the wording and you can take/leave it as you like.

Edited by Pahchisme Plaid

3 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

I am sure there will be something out there that gives like a stutter effect on a static image when music is playing, but I don't know if that needs to be done through a video or not.

The other thing you mentioned, would have to be a video for the movement.

I don't own the image I used. It is a placeholder, but is similar to what I want to achieve looks wise. I just need to find an old delapitated building to get this effect. I could then have a figure walking down it on built up images, with a slight tweak to make it look like it's moving too fast or something.

I don't know about your area, but in my area, we have old Forts owned by the state that were used to defend the land from the Brittish during the Revolutionary War.  They are stone/granite structures with openings/windows through which cannons or bayonets were poked through to fire upon the waters should ships invade.  Many have long passageways where the light comes through similarly to your photo.  Usually free to get in, but not all of them are.  If you have something like this where you are, it might be an option to take a video of while moving through with a camera.  Perhaps even taking successive photos one after the other, moving ahead a little bit might have a similar effect when put together--You'd have to ask someone who knows how to do that, but might be another option.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoboSage said:

I like your "About" section, Richard.  You do end one paragraph and then start the next by repeating that you do things "by hand."  Seemed redundant.  Since the next paragraph is a bit more specific and further explains that you also try not to use arpeggio synths, you should maybe use that paragraph's start sentence and cut the ending sentence from the previous paragraph.

Cheers David, I'll have a look at fixing that part, I should have picked up on it.

Okay, took on board some of the comments and have updated the website. Slight change to the About page and there is now a Links page (please try it out to make sure it is working).

I have updated the Media videos to reflect the change in name.

You can use either:

https://www.jigsawsequence.com or https://www.richardtraceymusic.com 

to access the website. The primary is Jigsaw Sequence.

Let me know what you think.... cheers

Website is looking good.

The about page seems fine to me... I can read it clearly, the background image looks good. A personal opinion - Maybe it lacks a bit of passion about the music and maybe lacks 'vibe' (for want of a better term), but it reads honestly and clearly and as long as it says what you want to say to listeners/fans then it's all good.

The only issue with the site is that all of your musical content is listed as a work in progress, so when you have some songs ready be sure to showcase them and maybe keep WIP stuff to a blog or something, one at a time, so that visitors can feel like they're being let in on whatever new tune you're developing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

Website is looking good.

The about page seems fine to me... I can read it clearly, the background image looks good. A personal opinion - Maybe it lacks a bit of passion about the music and maybe lacks 'vibe' (for want of a better term), but it reads honestly and clearly and as long as it says what you want to say to listeners/fans then it's all good.

The only issue with the site is that all of your musical content is listed as a work in progress, so when you have some songs ready be sure to showcase them and maybe keep WIP stuff to a blog or something, one at a time, so that visitors can feel like they're being let in on whatever new tune you're developing.

As I start to finish songs, they will go on the site and I'll remove the tracks that are there. I do want to do a blog where I discuss a track I've just started and the evolution of the tracks to completion. I think that might be quite interesting.