Your Ad Could Be Here

Logo Ideas

Hi all.... has anyone had any thoughts towards a logo for your band/persona to incorporate into a website or artwork for an album cover?

I have started to muck about with ideas and came up with this tonight. It doesn't fit with my aesthetic, but it could be fun for certain types of music. I used an app called Assembly.

IMG_0156.JPG

4 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

Hi all.... has anyone had any thoughts towards a logo for your band/persona to incorporate into a website or artwork for an album cover?

I have started to muck about with ideas and came up with this tonight. It doesn't fit with my aesthetic, but it could be fun for certain types of music. I used an app called Assembly.

IMG_0156.JPG

it's a cute logo... if it looks like you, why not...

2 minutes ago, Richard Tracey said:

This was another idea I started this week:

D5728451-4435-4B97-BC26-49146219152D.png

I see a J and an S, I'm not sure what that means??

The stars and silhouettes make me think of something ethereal/moody... to link to your music I'd imagine something more 80s Electro.... and yes moody but in more of a collar up, fedora down kind of way...

5 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

it's a cute logo... if it looks like you, why not...

I see a J and an S, I'm not sure what that means??

The stars and silhouettes make me think of something ethereal/moody... to link to your music I'd imagine something more 80s Electro.... and yes moody but in more of a collar up, fedora down kind of way...

The J and S are for Jigsaw Sequence - I have gone back to that name as my musical persona.

My hair isn't quite like the cute pic anymore as I tend to have it very short in the summer and my beard isn't as bushy, but I was just mucking about - I thought it would be good for EDM type of thing.

Just now, Richard Tracey said:

The J and S are for Jigsaw Sequence - I have gone back to that name as my musical persona.

My hair isn't quite like the cute pic anymore as I tend to have it very short in the summer and my beard isn't as bushy, but I was just mucking about - I thought it would be good for EDM type of thing.

I think that's maybe something to address, it's a little confusing as you're Richard Tracey Music, Little Monuments and Jigsaw Sequence. I hadn't picked up on the Jigsaw Sequence one really, but now that you mention it I recall seeing something. All perfectly good names... just a matter of choosing one and sticking to it.

I think the first RTM logo looks like a logo, the second JS one looks like a cover image rather than a logo. 

3 minutes ago, tunesmithth said:

When I first put my site up 11+ years ago, I used this at the top of the loading page.

Since I didn't want folks to think I took myself too seriously, I thought it worked OK.

tunesmith cropped.jpg

I like the 2nd logo you posted BTW...the deep blue one, very nice! ;)

Thanks Tom.

I like your logo, it shows a fun side and not taking yourself to seriously.

4 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

I think that's maybe something to address, it's a little confusing as you're Richard Tracey Music, Little Monuments and Jigsaw Sequence. I hadn't picked up on the Jigsaw Sequence one really, but now that you mention it I recall seeing something. All perfectly good names... just a matter of choosing one and sticking to it.

I think the first RTM logo looks like a logo, the second JS one looks like a cover image rather than a logo. 

Yeah, I think I will use the JS one for social media pics.

The Richard Tracey Music came about because I was just going to revert back to my own name for any releases. I then changed my mind again after purchasing the domain, but felt the name of the site would be fine if I wanted to branch out with different personas for different styles of music (I like 'COVERT' for an EDM type persona, although I have been toying with something with NATION or STATE in it).

The Little Monuments name was one I came up with and seemed happy with till recently. I think you had mentioned it sounded better as an album title and so did John and I think deep down I also felt the same way, so decided to discard it and go back to Jigsaw Sequence, which I did like and had used for a couple of years.

I think I need to start updating all my files to reflect the change so it isn't confusing for anyone.

Here's a version of my current logo. I did it in black and white originally, in Adobe Illustrator, with the mindset of making something I could use in the future as any color I would like. I have Thanksgiving colored one, Christmas, blue one to go with my song Indigo etc… If you're interested in the variations my soundcloud page has different versions I've used.

ybrl8npc

19 hours ago, Richard Tracey said:

IMG_0156.JPG

Personally I like this. The negative I see is depending on the size, if it gets too small, you may not really be able to read the "richard tracey music". 

19 hours ago, Richard Tracey said:

This was another idea I started this week:

D5728451-4435-4B97-BC26-49146219152D.png

I like this too but I'm with Dek that it looks more like an album cover than a logo. To me, the logo would just be the J and S. This would be an example of how you could use that logo in various ways. 

Aside from for tiny avatars... you really can't beat just writing a name in full ;) 

I mean, OMD worked because that sounds like a name anyway.... JS doesn't sound like a memorable band/artist name. 

So my opinion is... a JS logo isn't really useful for anything other than a tiny avatar, e.g. such as an avatar to use on here.... but avatars on forums are not important.

Wherever you display your artist 'brand' it should clearly say Jigsaw Sequence

24 minutes ago, MonoStone said:

Aside from for tiny avatars... you really can't beat just writing a name in full ;) 

I mean, OMD worked because that sounds like a name anyway.... JS doesn't sound like a memorable band/artist name. 

So my opinion is... a JS logo isn't really useful for anything other than a tiny avatar, e.g. such as an avatar to use on here.... but avatars on forums are not important.

Wherever you display your artist 'brand' it should clearly say Jigsaw Sequence

Yeah, I am trying out different ideas for a logo using the whole name. One of those ideas is on the updated website.

Archived