Skin

Adding recording from phone to pm

Skin    265

Hi guys i have been trying to record a short message and add it to a pm but there is only 2 options use a url or uploaded file!

I cant see anyway of browsing my record files on the phone.

Juat wondered how i go about it if its possible?

Same with photos.

Cheers guys

At your leisure 

Les

HoboSage    1,997

Les, you don't say what kind of phone you have, but if you used a voice recorder app to record your message, your phone saves that recording in a file - just like it stores pictures and videos in a file.  Look under you phone's "file manager" or "files" for file folders associated with the voice recorder app, or file folders for "audio" or "MP3," etc. -folders that indicate that's where a stored audio recording would be saved, as oppsed to pictures or videos.  Then when you find the file for your recorded message, upload it to your PM here.

* UPDATE:  I just noticed you tagged this "galaxy s5."  This may be of help to you.  http://www.solvemix.com/index.php/android-smartphones/493-samsung-galaxy-s5-where-are-voice-memos-stored-recorded-with-the-voice-recorder

Edited by HoboSage
  • Thanks 1

Skin    265
On 4 August 2017 at 10:30 PM, HoboSage said:

Les, you don't say what kind of phone you have, but if you used a voice recorder app to record your message, your phone saves that recording in a file - just like it stores pictures and videos in a file.  Look under you phone's "file manager" or "files" for file folders associated with the voice recorder app, or file folders for "audio" or "MP3," etc. -folders that indicate that's where a stored audio recording would be saved, as oppsed to pictures or videos.  Then when you find the file for your recorded message, upload it to your PM here.

* UPDATE:  I just noticed you tagged this "galaxy s5."  This may be of help to you.  http://www.solvemix.com/index.php/android-smartphones/493-samsung-galaxy-s5-where-are-voice-memos-stored-recorded-with-the-voice-recorder

Cheers bud, Sorry I did not have notifications on and just saw this.

It seems that when you click on the option to add a file you get the 2 options url or attachments! I did download an app but I just cant browse to them with the 2 options? The attachments I have appear to be only ones I have uploaded to actual posts! 

Thanks Dave checking your link out now.

HoboSage    1,997

Do you have a computer?  You could download the recording to your computer, and then sign on here from your computer, browse your computer and then upload from there.  OR, just connect your phone to your computer and sign on here from the computer.  You should be able to browse your connected phone like any other connected storage device.  Also, with your app, you may have to have the recording saved to your phone's SD card (and out of internal memory) to be able to upload it the Songstuff server directly from your phone.

Edited by HoboSage
  • Thanks 1

Skin    265

Hi David

thanks for the info. What I wanted to do was record on the phone while im out on the road for instance if doing a colab and want to share an idea asap lol!

at the moment what i have to do is upload to soundcloud and copy link, i do that on my computer.

i will investigae more for soundcloud app and maybe voice app,with that option to upload.

Cheers

Les

tunesmithth    1,287

if doing a colab and want to share an idea asap lol!

The simplest solution may be to get the phone# or email address of your collaborator & attach the sound file to a text or email. Don't even involve SoundCloud.

Tom

• Thanks 1

Skin    265
9 hours ago, tunesmithth said:

The simplest solution may be to get the phone# or email address of your collaborator & attach the sound file to a text or email. Don't even involve SoundCloud.

Tom

Cheers Tom i will look at that also.

Les

• Thanks 1