Jenn

Something To Hold On To - updated vocals

ImKeN    274
On 8/10/2017 at 10:09 AM, Jenn said:

It comes with some sort of pitch thingy...

I saw a couple of youtube videos on that and they didn't seem as advanced as Logic's pitch correction... 

:ph34r:Hmm...Logic...

Edited by ImKeN

Jenn    257
1 minute ago, ImKeN said:

I saw a couple of youtube videos on that and they didn't seem as advanced as Logic's pitch correction... 

:ph34r:Hmm...Logic...

Yeah it sucks........................... .... ..... ...... ... ok okok when I get a job again maybe....... I'll get logic and all my desire to make music will dissipate 

• Haha 1

snabbu    439

Song writing is strong.

The vocal needs cleaning up in melodyne both for pitch amplitude and breath removal.

It probably needs a third harmony down in the mix in the chorus.

The vocal clean up can be done in a DAW like logic with flex pitch and strip silence functions. But it's a bit of a process.

Cheers

Gary

Jenn    257

I think I just need some practice with this and I'll be able to get the pitches..and focus on my breaths more... not drunk heaving hahaha

I agree that the chorus needs another harmony for support @snabbu.. thank you :)

snabbu    439

It sounds to me like 15 minutes work to fix what you have in melodyne, because the breaths have an obvious look about them. So they are quick to work on.

The advantage I think of doing it in melodyne is that you can pull the volume of the breaths down rather than delete them which sounds un natural.

The tuning seems to me that it's not so far out that it needs doing by hand. So it would be just a macro to snap it to the key then a slight de tune to make it sound natural. 

because the harmony would be so low in the mix that could be created in melodyne also and probably wouldn't have to be re sung.

If you were able to upload the vocal to somewhere like Kompoz I could process it for you so you could see what I mean. 

Cheers

Gary