Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi all - decided to treat myself yesterday to a new keyboard. This is one I have been wanting for a while and decided to bite the bullet.

It's a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S25 - so far so good and anything I do on this, maps to my Axiom 49, so I can place an arp on, alter scales etc, change individual parameters on the presets so easily. Just trying to get my head round what it can do, but very impressed.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Jenn said:

Wow just read it as Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol $25 and I was about to go get my debit card

Jenn - I wish it cost that much, wouldn't have felt so guilty buying it.

Congrats! Look nice. I really like the mapping functions it has for NI Komplete.

1 hour ago, starise said:

Congrats! Look nice. I really like the mapping functions it has for NI Komplete.

Not just the NI stuff - anything that is NKS complient works the same way.

A few months ago, I bought a new 88-key controller (after my previous "axe" suffered an unspeakable accident directly-beneath a storm-created hole in my roof ... go figger), and I still haven't figured the damned thing out. [smiley=acoustic.gif]  But it sure is fun to keep trying!

"What?  What?!  A 'big boy toy?!'  How dare you!  Can't you see that this thing is obviously a tool?!"

(koff, koff ...) :P

Sorry to hear that Mike. Hopefully insurance covered it. I have been going back and forth on the NI 88 key controller. I guess I'm still old school. I like my keys to have both sound and midi

Those NI boards are nice though for getting around a soft synth.

5 hours ago, starise said:

Sorry to hear that Mike. Hopefully insurance covered it. I have been going back and forth on the NI 88 key controller. I guess I'm still old school. I like my keys to have both sound and midi

Those NI boards are nice though for getting around a soft synth.

The NI keyboard is fantastic. I have discovered presets that I would never have looked at previously and can easily manipulate them by turning a knob. If any of your other vsts are NKS compliant, they work the same way.

Unfortunately, to get it to work correctly, you need to have Komplete Kontrol open and make sure all your plugins are loaded up. Then in your DAW open the instrument as Komplete Kontrol and you can browse through everything then. Once it's setup, it's a breeze.

Thanks Richard. I downloaded the Komplete Kontrol plugin awhile back. It can be used without the controller. Just open it, search and select what you want.  Nowhere nearly as easy as using the Komplete Kontrol hardware I'm sure. 

I still  use the on board sounds in my present hardware setup. I'm  reluctant to move to an all NI setup. I keep looking for one used on the cheap....then , maybe I'll jump. Everyone who has one really loves it. I'm the same way with control surfaces, Just haven't seen the need with my minimal setup to go that way....yet.

47 minutes ago, starise said:

Thanks Richard. I downloaded the Komplete Kontrol plugin awhile back. It can be used without the controller. Just open it, search and select what you want.  Nowhere nearly as easy as using the Komplete Kontrol hardware I'm sure. 

I still  use the on board sounds in my present hardware setup. I'm  reluctant to move to an all NI setup. I keep looking for one used on the cheap....then , maybe I'll jump. Everyone who has one really loves it. I'm the same way with control surfaces, Just haven't seen the need with my minimal setup to go that way....yet.

Yeah, I'll go the control surface route once I make the decision to produce/mix my own music, once I am happy that I am at a strong enough level. My Maschine Jam is meant to have that capability, but doesn't integrate well with Logic at the moment, so can't use it.

Archived