Your Ad Could Be Here

My Space Pages

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amanda. your site looks great! I tried to leave you a message but couldnt remember my password (doh!).

You list among your dislikes something called ‘converses’. This puzzled me, so I did a search & learned something, but I’m still none the wiser. This is some of the stuff I found:

1/ Philosophers & linguists since Anscombe (1964) argue that ‘before’ & ‘after’ are not converses.

2/ Sony have an interactive talking-robot-dog that is referred to as a converse.

3/ There are some sort of trainer/plimsole shoes called converses.

4/ Tria de les converses filològiques comentades de Pompeu Fabra. (?)

5/ converses [Latin conversus, past particle of convetere, to turn around, see convert]

6/ Or maybe you just don’t like talking? ;)

You can see Ive tried. Come on, what is it?

Edited by Rudi

i LOVE chucks...aka converse! haha i call them chucks! but i have PINK ones!! i heart them! but im planning on getting purple plaid ones! gotta love plaid!! [smiley=heartpump.gif]

i LOVE chucks...aka converse! haha i call them chucks! but i have PINK ones!! i heart them! but im planning on getting purple plaid ones! gotta love plaid!! [smiley=heartpump.gif]

I bet you're a fashion slave eh? :)

Fashion Slave?

I bet you're a fashion slave eh? :)

Hey Steve

Come on then, let's see a picture of you circa 1975? What was it? Kipper tie, flaired cords, denim jacket and sideburns! Or were you more a disco dude with open shirt and medallion!

:yahoo:

Cheers

John

Jeans, T shirt, long hair (Very long) leather motorcycle jacket! No photos I'm afraid. I was never good in front of the camera and my parents were ashamed of the way I dressed. :)

my parents were ashamed of the way I dressed. :)

One day when I was a kid, I was like 14 or so... my father took me to the shaver for a haircut, he left me there and went to do his stuff, the girl asked me how I wanted my haircut and showed me some magazines to look at guys hairdues, so I said: "shave my head", she said: does your father allow that? and I said yes.

She started shaving my head from the back, and when half of my head was bald my father came back and looked at me with surprise, he said you wanna gather some attention and get noticed? then he looked at the girl and said, how much is it, leave him like that.

So next day at school everybody was looking at me like I was a freak... ;D

Hey this my post number 1000!!! do I get something with it? :yahoo:

Edited by hariossa

Well I keep the sides and back of my hair shaved bald but i let the top grow out and I finally have it long enuff to put into a ponytail, it is light helps the head breath and in winter adds sometime of warmth to the head.

:o that's almost like me!!! I keep it short on the sides and back and long on top...