Your Ad Could Be Here

You Tube Music Videos

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you're a good guitar player?

Shes excellent. I wish I had fingernails like that too. Shame about the material though, I find Paganini as dull as ditchwater.

Shes excellent. I wish I had fingernails like that too. Shame about the material though, I find Paganini as dull as ditchwater.

Strange! He speaks very highly of you...

In the 80's guitar playing speed was better than music, check the fastest guitar god of those times, Michael Angelo:

I wonder why speed metal is not at the Olympic games...

Not much of a lesson was it? ^_^

Look out !!

I am in love again.

This is a young woman called Hiromi Uehara.

She is absolutely killing.

Love & Laughter

XYZ

And in a duet with Chick Corea - Spain

What a great time she's having.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - this isn't a music video - but I like it - and it is relevant.

Stone me rigid !

So is this one:

The Zimmers

Wonder what Pete Townsend thinks of it?

You mean that's not him in the video ?

Hang about - if only I can remember where I put my glasses - I'll look again.

You mean that's not him in the video ?

Hang about - if only I can remember where I put my glasses - I'll look again.

;D Pete and Roger wouldn't look out of place in there would they?

Here's some more old geezers....

Make yourself comfortable now, this might take up half an hour, but I think you may find the pleasure worthwhile.

It's a few guitar treats.

First up is Brasilian player Genil Castro.

Here’s a quick harmony lesson that’s pretty neat and I hope could be useful.

And here he is playing a tune - "

Good, huh?

His use and choices of harmonics is just lovely.

There is plenty more cool video on his MySpace page

Like a bunch of other great players, Castro’s main influence and inspiration for this kind of wizardry in technique was the late Lenny Breau, who Chet Atkins called “the greatest guitarist who ever walked the face of the earth”, and who was murdered in LA in 1984. Right now I’m reading the guy’s biography. Many friends of mine had associations with him, and I’ve even found myself personally involved with a couple of the women in his life, but I never got to meet him or know him other than through performances and recordings and stories and legends. So it’s good to be getting a more coherent picture of his life

This is what I turned up on YouTube.

First there is film of Lenny playing J S Bach’s Bourée – with some passing commentary from Don Francks and Pat Metheny – which illustrates that level of harmonic mastery those other greats like Castro, George Benson, Pat Martino et al all learned from.

Then there’s this interesting film record of one of his masterclass presentations at some later time approaching the end of his career. However down and messed-up he may have been, the word is that he was always willing to share freely whatever he learned. One lucky passing dude even got a private lesson of more than an hour from him at an accidental bus-stop meeting. Apparently, Lenny missed his bus. Willingly. Here, he plays a seven-string:

And here he is talking more about what he’s doing and demonstrating a flamenco intro to '

You can see how much he enjoys sharing what he knows. That’s Chat Atkins talking near the end.

Earlier on in his life, young and handsome, here he is cooking away in a trio setting and then a quintet with Gigi Gryce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=limCRMZD1Ec.

What a fabulous musician.

Hope you like it.