Your Ad Could Be Here

Digital Video & Music

Since media devices are becoming more and more available for music, video and pictures, should the artists concentrate more on video production to promote or even sell their music?

Bandwidths are rising fast on technology such as WiFi which means the consumer can stream music and video together.

Will music evolve into a package consisting of music and imagery due to the digital revolution?

I think it's becoming the norm for the pop industry! I also think that a lot of pop music relies on this to sell what would otherwise be, very ordinary songs! I don't see it becoming too popular with the serious genres of music.

I think it's becoming the norm for the pop industry! I also think that a lot of pop music relies on this to sell what would otherwise be, very ordinary songs! I don't see it becoming too popular with the serious genres of music.

I couldn't agree more! Today, music has become secondary to flash and bells and whistles. Pretty sad actually.

Most "artists" are on videos because they have looks, a great effects producer, a great correographer <-sp , and tons of money pushing mediocre musicians, mediocre songwriting, and computer enhanced vocals.

Stop the music world and let me off.

Tom

I've been experimenting with syncing videos up to my music... I've got one up on youtube... My theory is that a video revolution is in progress now that increasingly in the next few years will make broadcast quality video production available to the man in the street in the same way that Behringer have done with audio equipment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo-eE2nty2s

I agree that pop music uses the video/music package, which is what the customer wants; or at least the majority of the lemmings who do not have the brain capacity to diversify from the top 20 shelf in a record store.

However, all musicians need to prevail. And to do this they need to sound good. And to sound good, they need to purchase good equipment. And in this current climate, to make money from music, requires biting the bullet sometimes and producing the package. There have been several indi bands that pushed their way onto the top shelf. But now the record shops may have to take a back seat while the internet provides fair trading for us all.

How about looking at the video package from a completely different angle all together?

The combination of artistic imagery and another musical artists' song enhances the experience of the song using more senses. But the core driving force of the package is the song itself.

Video killed the radio star...heh... :whistle:

Well... quite frankly I listen to music, instead of "watching it. I mean I can't see video becoming any more essential to music than it already is.

Right now a song needs a video so that the song will be played on MTV. Play on MTV generates buzz. It gets people talking; making the song familiar which will inevitably make its way to radio and then to people's ipods. Thats about the extent of it.

And honestly the videos at this point aren't really worth my time or my attention. Very few videos seem "artistic" because there's so many of the same video.

Video killed the radio star...heh... :whistle:

Well... quite frankly I listen to music, instead of "watching it. I mean I can't see video becoming any more essential to music than it already is.

Right now a song needs a video so that the song will be played on MTV. Play on MTV generates buzz. It gets people talking; making the song familiar which will inevitably make its way to radio and then to people's ipods. Thats about the extent of it.

And honestly the videos at this point aren't really worth my time or my attention. Very few videos seem "artistic" because there's so many of the same video.

Sure. I can see your point completely. But an iPod in my opinion is a fossil in the grand scheme of things and is billions of digital cycles out of date.

Take a look at this device... MP4 video. I would imagine the customer will want to exploit the video capabilities of this device along with the extremely high quality sound. An WiFi gives them a great portal to other devices and the net. All musicians have to do is provide the content.

http://www.archos.com/products/video/archo...bal&lang=en