Your Ad Could Be Here

Whats Your Medium

i do painting as a way of relaxation whats your way of chilling i like to use acrylics thay dry quicker and when im on a roll thats the way i like it here are some of my paintings

post-1411-1193349472_thumb.jpg

post-1411-1193349495_thumb.jpg

Kinda tiny to look at there Brother, methinks ya uploaded the thumbs

Hi Thom

I normally use pastels, and tend to focus more pn portraits and people studies than landscapes/buildings etc. I have been doing some painting recently and quite enjoy it. I approach it in a similar way to my pastels, and have a vaguely impressionist style.

I'll maybe take a couple of pics and post them up. I no longer have many of my pieces, but I should find something suitable.

Cheers

John

Watercolour. By pure coincidence, I once lent a book from the library, of old Bristol, whence I came across a picture that I then painted in watercolours!

Here it is! Hanging on my lounge wall.

SteepSt.jpg

This was in 1993. Despite several efforts to find that volume again, I never did! Then, just about a week ago, whilst browsing for something entirely different! I came across this! This picture has more info than the one I had. i.e. the street to the right is more visible!

18297643.jpg

Kinda tiny to look at there Brother, methinks ya uploaded the thumbs

oh that hurts old chap and you know us artists we are so frigile ill see if i can do some better pics the last one aint a thumbnail i stupedly deleted the other 2 from my comp so photo bucket won the day and they hang in 2 diffirent homes so i have no way of getting pics sorry

Edited by musicthom

Watercolour. By pure coincidence, I once lent a book from the library, of old Bristol, whence I came across a picture that I then painted in watercolours!

SteepSt.jpg

This was in 1993. Despite several efforts to find that volume again, I never did! Then, just about a week ago, whilst browsing for something entirely different! I came across this! This picture has more info than the one I had. i.e. the street to the right is more visible!

18297643.jpg

Thats seiriously impressive steve love your style

:) Thanks. It's always difficult putting colour to a B&W original.

really brings it to life when i seen the b & w pic i was stunned to see how much you had brought it to life

Geez, some talented people here!

I'm impressed... and jealous. :)

Every few years I get it in my head that I "can paint".

I usually try for an abstract but it never works out and I just end up wasting time and paint and getting extremely frustrated.

Hey

Here you go. Camera phone, no flash, sorry for the graininess.

post-3-1193474963_thumb.jpg

post-3-1193474909_thumb.jpg

Cheers

John

Wow, and you too John.

I feel decidedly UNtalented! :(

Sketching is about my limit, but they are still very amatuerish.

Edited by Desertrose

Wow, and you too John.

I feel decidedly UNtalented! :(

Sketching is about my limit, but they are still very amatuerish.

But you're a consumate musician. I'm sure you have other talents as well. :)

Hey, you guys are good

Wow!

Some talented cats in here!

John you've got excellent proportions in both of those paintings, the dog and the woman.

Speaking of cats that beer mug rocks!

I dont get to play with paints much, mostly pencil.

I've got a buncha crap up at DA, I'm more of a surrealist if you're into that kind of art.

Gallery

It's cool to see this is such a diverse community.

• 1 month later...

my first try at a portrait

davieport.jpg

• 4 years later...

SteepSt.jpg

18297643.jpg

Steve, where in Bristol is this? It's driving me insane, I know that I know - it's like a word on the tip of your tongue, but it's just not coming!!! I want to say Park Row, but I just did a street view search and I think I'm wrong...

sorry to ressurect such an old topic!