Your Ad Could Be Here

Please Can Someone Help Me?

Joeyy

Hi,

I'm so confused.. I like to write songs and by that i mean i write lyrics but i also make up the melody and sing them (you can hear some of the songs i've written HERE) but i don't really know where to go from here...

I don't want to be famous, i just want artists to use my songs. I'm not the most talented songwriter i know, but i think my songs have potential if they had good production behind them? How would i get artists to use them? I don't understand all this publication stuff, how do i find a publisher? would it be worth me paying a producer to professionally record these songs with music? (maybe then people will take more notice, and realise potential more?)

I just don't really understand how the industry works. I've looked over the internet for hours but it's not really written in black and white anywhere... so can anyone who's had success give me any help?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps find an artist or Band to work with first, collaborate, get something produced, then get sending out those Demos to labels. Music labels are supposed to be their to do all the legal stuff for you, in theory to make your life easier so you can concentrate on writing music.

I think some other writers of music here on songstuff can give better advice mind.. I work for a label which does not really deal with music writers as such (electronic music mainly, but we would still be classed as a publishers for the music)

All to often nowdays with SO many people wanting to be famous is nigh on impossible to get anywhere unless you can devote some serious time and effort to get to know the right people. Just posting a myspace and plugging your material online is not going to get you anywhere further than the millions of others doing the same.

If you have the right frame of mind to work your socks off and get out there, meeting people, going places, spreading the word as much as you can and learning as much as you can then you can make it.

If your in the UK, try contacting organisations like the MCPS, PPL, PRS, they can help you out.

• 2 weeks later...