Your Ad Could Be Here

Recording Your Song

Okay so i just got my small little recording studio set up, and i been writing a few songs that i want to make it a record, sadly i only have an old casio keyboard i wish i had a guitar or something but oh well. But i wanted to ask a few questions. I'm new to all this and self learning so you might laugh at the questions.

You have the song in your heard and you want to start coming up with a melody and chords. Do you need a melody for each the verse and chorus & does the melody just match the words like when you say something you play a note?

And once you like a chord does it just repeat over and over, and then do you get a new chord at the chorus.

What about other instruments that you think fit with the song, do you make them just match the melody or chord or just play when you think it fits.

Um when you record what do you want to record first and do you put all vocal/melody/melody/other together and whats the best way to make it sound like it fits i try to record and one part kindof is bigger than the other.

Last i just have an old casio, can i make good songs with it, like it has plenty of instruments but will they sound decent when recorded. Or will it sound fake.

lots of questions. [smiley=bounce.gif]

Good stuff, a whole new world is opening for you. [smiley=rockin.gif]

As far as writing goes, listen to the Music you like, how it is arranged, where the melodies change. I'm not suggesting you totally emulate them, but it might give you an idea of what works to your mind. Same with the casio, if it works to help you get your composition skills to the next level then great. I started on a casio too, hell you can still hear it on some of my older tracks.

On the casio tho, you should research MIDI. You can use the casio as an input device (you know, registering where you put your fingers) and then assign any sound you want to the hits.

As far as one sound being "bigger" than the other, that is the art of mixing, something that takes research and trial and error, trust me I know. My advice is to concentrate on composition and creation and let the mechanix of the thing smooth out over time..

Welcome to a whole new world [smiley=bounce.gif]

Hey

Lots of questions and we've all been there at some point.

Your songwriting questions would be best in the songwriting board. These are big questions so they might be better in separate topics. :)midi and recording should go in the computer and recording boards. Just because people interested in those subjects will look there. :)

I'll try and post up something in those topics if you do that.

Cheers

John